Need a shopping cart

I am putting together my website and I am now up to adding a shopping cart. One of the things I need is for a cart that I can enter more than one price for the same item. For example:

min order quant: 2 sets $34.22
    partial case: 4 sets $25.10
    full case: 12 sets $22.82

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Zencart is free and have such features of price depend on quantity.
    Also you can use some commercial cart like jshop.co.uk

What he said, I like ZC as well.
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

Thank you. I will look into it

Also osCommerce is a good open source alternative. If you are looking for something a little easier to mod also look at LiteCommerce. It is relatively inexpensive and easy to work with.

Cpanel

try the one on the cpanel if your host has that. Quite good for a starter buiness.

Quote Originally Posted by zackHost
    try the one on the cpanel if your host has that. Quite good for a starter buiness.
    Which one is that??? osCommerce? Miva?
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Quote Originally Posted by wbpro
    Which one is that??? osCommerce? Miva?
    I am not sure which cart(s) the poster is referring to either. Most cPanel and some H-Sphere hosts offer installation scripts which makes it easier to install some of the open source software available. In cPanel it is called Fantastico and in H-Sphere it is called EasyApps. Different carts will be available by different hosts. But for the most part ZenCart and osCommerce are by far the most widely available through web hosts. CubeCart is fairly common as well.

As far as Miva is concerned it is a very expensive shopping cart and as such it is not open source and not available through Fantastico or EasyApps.

The things I have read about osCommerce is that isn't very easy to use. Do any of you find that true? Looking at ZenCart, I don't understand how to get it to work?

zencart is a good pick for starters.
    JROX.COM Affiliate Manager
    Start Your Own Affiliate Program - Download a Free Copy
    Affiliate Marketing Software

The problem I have found with most of the carts I have looked at is the steep learning curve. Most of the open source carts like osCommerce and ZenCart are good starter carts only if you have the time and patience to learn them. If you know HTML and PHP you won't have much difficulty. Carts like X-Cart have taken an open source base and improved on it making it easier to configure and modify. But even with X-Cart there needs to be more improvement in the user friendly area. The one cart that I have seen that comes the closest to being easy to get up and running is LiteCommerce. I am sure there are others since there is no way I can have seen every cart available out there.

BrilliantHosts, that is exactly the way I feel. I have no idea how to even start. Usually when you download a program it opens and installs. This one downloaded and now I have to go thru hoops (ones I can't understand) to get it installed. There is no .exe file. I don't know HTML or PHP. I created my site using Frontpage. I will look into LiteCommerce. Does it have the same features as zencart? Will I be able to put more than one option of price for the same product?

Quote Originally Posted by nicalex2
    BrilliantHosts, that is exactly the way I feel. I have no idea how to even start. Usually when you download a program it opens and installs. This one downloaded and now I have to go thru hoops (ones I can't understand) to get it installed. There is no .exe file. I don't know HTML or PHP. I created my site using Frontpage. I will look into LiteCommerce. Does it have the same features as zencart? Will I be able to put more than one option of price for the same product?
    Setting up carts can be a daunting task for someone who is not familar with the way things work in a web hosting environment. I recommend you look at LiteCommerce with a list of your requirements and determine if it fits your needs or not. It has a lot of the same features as ZenCart but no two carts have the same exact features. And yes you will be able to have additional prices per item.