Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottR
    Yes, and none of those messages made it to my mailbox while i receive other messages like invoices just fine. I checked with the server admins and no message ever reached our mailservers. The least you could have done is call me..
    That was a 24h + 2days for dns changes to propagate downtime.

Anyway, this just shows the importance of a virtual serial console and a website with more information. So to update my previous post, i'd say the pros still outweigh the cons, just not that much anymore.
    Your server admin says no email reached your mail server but our mail server says there were no delivery errors?

What I find interesting is that you claim to not have received any of the emails from support but then after the fact you did not seem to have any problems receiving emails from support. Are we to believe then it "just worked" or do you only respond to the emails you want to?
    SERVERAXIS The arms dealer for startups
    SSD VPS and HDD Storage VPS
    Bare Metal Dedicated Servers
    Chicago - Miami

Quote Originally Posted by scottR
    They used to have a pager for this kind of things, but they removed it from their website. My guess would be that they brought down a lot of servers at that time and support got to much work to do.
    I didn't even notice that the emergency pager is now gone. That's a shame because I was OK with waiting hours for a support response when I knew that the "emergency" lifeline was always there.

Maybe too many people were abusing the "emergency" system? Are there plans to bring back this feature?

I just the first day to use the serveraxis's vps,but it downed when I emerge -e system my gentoo box.10 hours later,it still down
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

I've moved a few sites over to for about 1 1/2 months. It's been a good experience until today, they've been down for about 3 hours in the past 24 hours. Send in couple of emails and pm serverdave (is he part of support/sales?) but only got a couple of generic emails reply; none of my email was answer; not sure why. Does anyone know if they have phone support?
    CRONHosting.com | ClickThese Web Directory | NextLevelArcade.com | AllTherapyTalk.com |

Quote Originally Posted by saidev
    I've moved a few sites over to for about 1 1/2 months. It's been a good experience until today, they've been down for about 3 hours in the past 24 hours. Send in couple of emails and pm serverdave (is he part of support/sales?) but only got a couple of generic emails reply; none of my email was answer; not sure why. Does anyone know if they have phone support?
    So Am I. No Questions Answered.From 2:57@beijing timezone the server down,I sent the support email,18 hours later.still downed.
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

I have been with serveraxis for a little over a month now and so far I am pleased. My support emails are typically answered within 3 hours.

We have been having some problems with one of our virtual server machines but it should all be worked out now.
    SERVERAXIS The arms dealer for startups
    SSD VPS and HDD Storage VPS
    Bare Metal Dedicated Servers
    Chicago - Miami

Unhappy

Has anyone else had trouble getting into contact with ServerAxis?

I sent an email to support@serveraxis.com and sales@serveraxis.com asking them a couple of questions regarding their Xen Opteron Virtual 2 server on the 17th, and I'm still waiting for a reply. I even sent them a reminder email from another email account in case there was something wrong with my email, but also no response.

Because I couldn't find another provider with same specs/price, I went ahead and ordered the VPS anyway, but it has now been 30 hours since I placed the order and still have heard nothing from ServerAxis other than an automated email saying we will be contacted by a sales representative.

I understand that provisioning the VPS server is not instant, but not receiving any updates or replies for a day and half is really frustrating.

Hello Andre, unfortunately ServerAxis's response to email can be very inconsistent. Sometimes they reply right away and sometimes it's much longer (although since being a customer I've never had it take longer than 8 hours or so to reply). Just this Monday my server hung on booting due to a config problem and their support fixed it very quickly.

ServerAxis are far and away the best feature/price combination, support (when they answer) are very knowledgeable and my VPS has always performed great. But it frankly makes me nervous that their response times can be so long, plus they no longer have an emergency pager, they have no customer forums on their website, and there is no virtual root console where I can troubleshoot boot errors. It also seems that the host server has had more problems (requiring reboot) in the past couple months than in the past, and they usually don't communicate to users when this happens.

All in all my experience with them is very good and I'm not yet considering leaving but I'll be happy to have more options once other Xen providers (hopefully) begin to match them on price. You just can't beat their $45/mo. for 1GB RAM, not even close, but I really wish I could build more confidence that my server won't be down for an extended period if there is a problem that is out of my control.

Sure, you get a lot of spec for the money, but their support really does suck the proverbial fat one.
    All my sites are down for over an hour now - no reply from support yet, so no idea what's causing it. There can't be more than a handful of VPSs on the box, so why can't all customers affected be emailed?

Even when you do eventually get a reply from support, it is usually terse and unhelpful - like they are doing you a favor...

My advice - steer clear if you expect good support - if you want a good spec XEN VPS and are prepared to take the risk that your site won't be down for hours at a time with no communication, then they are fine.

Well either my VPS is on the same box as yours, or all their servers just went down, because mine was just down for 95 minutes also. I have been with them since March, the first 5 months or so were great but the past 2 months I've had unexplained reboots almost every week. Sometimes it's just a few minutes downtime and sometimes it's an hour or two (like today).

I know everyone goes through problems but communicating this to the customers is a must and ServerAxis is really dropping the ball here. One of my clients is a U.S. Congressman who is in a very competitive race and I simply can't be having this downtime.

I'm going to start requesting refunds according to ServerAxis' SLA and begin looking for a new provider in the meantime. It's gonna suck paying more money for less server but I really have no choice. ServerAxis, if you want to keep my business I really hope you start communicating better immediately, none of this "we had a problem but it's fixed now". I used to gush about what a great company this was (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=510357) but now I'm eating those words.

(Well, looky here... I'm getting ready to hit "submit" on this post, and now my server is going down AGAIN! I just got a message on my SSH console, "System is going down for reboot NOW...")

Yeah, so far I've had very bad customer support. They finally replied to my questions I sent in email, almost 2 days later. They also sent a short email follow up to the order I placed, stating that there was a card processing error (expired card). I accept that was my fault, but why wait 2 days to inform me of that?

We have decided not to use them due to the lack of responsiveness. As you mention, they offer the best specs for the price, but the lack of support is a risk I don't want to take. I would rather pay a bit more or take a lower spec system for peace of mind.

tobiasly,

Is your server back on-line? Mine is still out and if I go to their Server Reboot URL, I only get a blank page, not the usual username/password page. Of course they still haven't answered my 2 support emails yet...

Chuck

Sites still down, and I doubt we'll have much luck getting a refund via the SLA - that only covers IP transit, and I'm betting this is a software or hardware issue.

So, are there any other providers out there who can match SA's specs for a similar price (a few $ extra is OK), but offer better support and communication?

Yes, mine was down for 95 minutes the first time and 5 min. the second time. I'm guessing the first one was a host server problem and the second was was intentional since I got a reboot warning message the second time. It's been back up since around 5pm EST though.

I read the SLA as stating that hardware/software issues are exempt only if they're planned and notice is given ahead of time, but I could be wrong. Of course the uptime is the most important thing.

whtsurfer, can you ping your VPS's IP? Are you sure it's not just a web issue? I too am getting the blank reboot URL, but my VPS is up and working fine now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com