will it be possible?

Hi all,

this is in regard to a webhost in india
    ************ .com - these guys claims to give 2 GB + Domain for just Rs. 1,500 ($ 35/-) per year ..
    i was shocked to see how itz possible to give at such a lower rate??

I have seen servers for 35$ per month instead of an year.. Im really afraid to go with these guys dude to such a lower rate..
    Do any of guys have an experience with these ppl?
    If anyone have a good experience with them and if their service is good ( I wonder how they cope up!) .. then i can take a decision in this.

THanks in advance
    waiting to hear frm you all
    neo

Its simple overselling. Lots of providers does that including myself. Checkout godaddy and many other big providers you will love to see their pricing which is "insane" in other words unbelieveable.
    24Shells in Business Since 2003 - AS55081
    Dedicated Servers, Linux VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

I have heard good and bad things about manahosting. It appears they are just a reseller; which means they dont have there own dedicated servers or datacenter. These type of hosts have higher chances of going out of business or become unresponsive. They claim to have different branches but it is just different mailing address or could be address of there reseller company.
    EHOSTONE INC
    Ultimate Hosting Solution!
    http://reseller.ehostone.net

hi,

lemme tell u first of all why its so cheap , me being in indian and have lived in india for like 14 years , stuff out there is really cheap i am sure their reseller is from somewhere out there, although i wouldnt recommend to sign up w/ as soon as u saw it , just because its cheap doesnt mean its bad , it might be good sometimes new companies who want to come up in the competition offer such prices , however u might want to do some research before buying it

Hi all,
    Thanks for all the valuable inputs.
    tshah : Its simple overselling. Lots of providers does that including myself. Checkout godaddy and many other big providers you will love to see their pricing which is "insane" in other words unbelieveable.
    I checked godaddy as u told. But their prices start with 5GB and it seems like aaorund 40$ .
    But can anyone tell about the support they provide? are they fast enough in responding?

desigeek, I also searched and finally found one or 2 reviews about manas hosting. But all were bad saying their service is so bad and never to go with them,. That is why I was wondering how it will be possible. Like support seems to be inevitable for me when i think of server coz, Im not sitting near the server.

nrv118, I understand ur point. But my question was like whether they r able manage with good support and if so how??
    I couldnt imagine that. Like, see i asked them who is their registrar and like they are saying they cant tell that and i dont need to know tat!!!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotneomatrix
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all the valuable inputs.

I checked godaddy as u told. But their prices start with 5GB and it seems like aaorund 40$ .
    But can anyone tell about the support they provide? are they fast enough in responding?

desigeek, I also searched and finally found one or 2 reviews about manas hosting. But all were bad saying their service is so bad and never to go with them,. That is why I was wondering how it will be possible. Like support seems to be inevitable for me when i think of server coz, Im not sitting near the server.

nrv118, I understand ur point. But my question was like whether they r able manage with good support and if so how??
    I couldnt imagine that. Like, see i asked them who is their registrar and like they are saying they cant tell that and i dont need to know tat!!!

thanks
    When it comes to web hosting, most of the time you get what you pay for. I've personally used GoDaddy before and didn't enjoy the service, you should search around for reviews about them in this forum.

If you really want excellent support the best way to find it is to e-mail hosting companies support teams and see how quickly they respond. Check out reviews and hope for the best , there's a reason why the hosting industry has a money-back guarantee!

Best of luck with your search.

What MrRadic say is probably true, 2GB Space + Free Domain for only $ 35/- Year! Then expect a service like that. Also be extremely careful when you are registering your domain for free with such offers. Most freely given domains are registered to the hosts name so in a later time if you decide to move to a deferent provider you could have a hard time getting your domain back.

btw do you really need 2GB Space?
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

I would definitely check their pre-sales support responses, some reviews and their up time.

However, there is nothing unusual these days about 2 GB for $35/yr. You'll find offers 10 times that size in the web hosting offers forum here. There are many ways to provide very large hosting plans cheap.

1. It could be overselling, but not always.
    2. It could just be they have a server with a couple of very large hard drives.
    3. It could be that their NOC provider has hundreds of unused servers laying around and just wants to fill them up. Servers are cheap when you own them.
    4. At $35/yr, they gain customers more quickly if they are known for good support and uptime. As renewals come due in a year, they receive payments at $35, not $3, so if they gain at least 20 new customers per month with such a great deal, that's not bad growth for a small business.
    5. Remeber that a full server can bring in 4 to 10 times it's cost in revenue. More than enough to add another server before it is needed. So there is nothing wrong with overselling a server at 2:1 or even 10:1 if your prices are high enough to assure profitability.

Overselling is only a problem if you're not profitable with what you offer, or get stuck with a control panel that makes it difficult to move webistes between servers because it changes your client's IP number when you do so. Some control panels make it very easy to move websites from one server to another and some even do it automatically to balance the load, without changing IP numbers. So overselling is not even worth the consideration if they have the right type of software to manage it.

Great input ServersandDomains if things are planned and managed properly everything ends up to be good.
    24Shells in Business Since 2003 - AS55081
    Dedicated Servers, Linux VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

One friend of mine just transferred his website away from ************. He'd just been with them for less than one month. He said his experience with them was horrible. He couldn't stand the frequent down times any more, and before he moved out (probably for one week), he can't do any hosting settings through the control panel, the error said "Contents being locked for moving". They started to move all websites to somewhere else without any notice to customers. And the transferring took more than 7 days and during that time you can't do anything. Be careful if you choose them.

* plz help

i am still under impression of goin into deal with them on reseller

its really tough to jugde these guys

can anybody tell me resellers pack where i can get reasonable prices like this n with full support
    they r giving 2 GB at 35$ isin't it dat amazing

plz don't tell me godaddy.com or enom

any other site ll be appreciated

Thanks
    Stipw

NOTE:
    **its been 1 month now i have put my website on ************ yes i do get late reply back on SUPPORT....but the speed of opening websites was neve a prob

manas : net4 : rediff : india

************.com has grown very fast and they are No.3 in terms of number of sites hosted with them - After Net4.in and hosting.rediff.com.

I have personal experience of being reseller of Net4.in and hosting.rediff.com. Their support is extremely poor. If Manas improves its services, I would not be surprised if they become No.1 host in India

As far as quality of their (Manas) servers is concerned, I can not say much about it as I never hosted with them. However they act as reseller of one large leading US hosting comany that has not a bad reputation about server qualiy issues.
    Sanjay Verma | Founder & Director : Sanver Group | Mumbai, India
    Sanver E-Solutions |Sanver Sports

oh these fellows are the reseller of godaddy. Its a piece of joke if you trust and buy the products and services from them. They are non technical fellows.

They actually does not have a fix web space , we all can feel from their offer called webspace unlimited "Dont know which type of hard disk they are having in their server"

any body know which hard disk is coming with unlimited space (: hahah.

We can imagine from this point that they are non professional and not a hosting company.

i am also from india so i know these kind of stuff...dont go with the ads first check the offer.

regards
    saju
    Wontone Technologies
    Outsource your hosting support

ITs not a surprice hotneomatrix. Now hosting is so cheap and much competitive. You can get cheaper than it.

i am also from india so i know these kind of stuff...dont go with the ads first check the offer
    Very well said here. In this case simple make sure which moneyback guarantee period company offer and test if you are satisfied - go ahead.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Problem i have had in the past is, if you use a reseller the chances of you being taken offline without notice are far higher.

I say stick to the big guys, you might pay a little more, but you know they wont randomly close and you lose all your data.

Trust me, when that happens its a pain, specially when you didnt have a backup..

and i also seen some one also mention that this host holding largest domains in their server. Well the server and ip is both belongs to godaddy.com

(: hahaha infect you can check themself via their website thats all full of garbage. I am requesting all of my friends dont use it. Use only if you trust them that they are having own dedicated server environment.

These fellows dont know how to administer the server and they are selling unmeter space..dont know what hard disk they are using which gives unlimited space...if any body know this unlimited hard disk let me, know ....hahah
    Wontone Technologies

ususally the support and respose is what matters ...u have to check as in how good are they in supprt and response ...wut most webhosting companies do is they outsource their support to a third party ..so it depends on that ..

Low prices for something that should be advanced hosting service are always catchy but think about the reliability. I can agree that companies who prove their are good enough can afford to beat down the standard prices of web hosting in any class. But it could not happen with any we bhost on the planet.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

dont go with a company from india

all those company will just take your money and give you bad service,i learned the hard way through canaca and switched to hostpapa which has great and reliable service(also affordable@$100/year)before you decide google the company and check to see where they operate,i would stick with canadian and american companies

yes that lgx_brm support outsourcing is always decrease the cost. Like for example day time 9 am - 6 pm usa support team will handle the client request so some time its difficult for hosting companies to sit at night and it is also a difficult to deploy the employee who will able to sit at night. So almost a adequate amount and resources also needed.

Thats why hosting companies always like to outsource their task to other countries.

But globalisation and outsourcing is really a nice method to reduce the cost but the thing is to whom you outsource the task and service.

most of the time third party also looking to reduce their cost by recruiting the juniors in their tech support.

But every thing is also about the communication process.
    Wontone Technologies

well the above said company is very good as compared to other hosting sevices in india.