SEO Help needed!!!!

Hi All, I wonder if anyone can help?
    I have a site www.leytonorient.co.uk which has been up and running for about 3 months now yet it still hasn't been listed on google or cached even!
    I have asked lots of people if they can tell why but none have been able to.

The site has google sitemaps installed which reports no errors. Googlebot is visiting the site. I have 50 inbound links. Have tried changing keywords, robots file but am clueless as to what the problem is.
    I am convinced it is blacklisted by google but they are no help when contacting them! The domain had a pr of 2 when I purchased it. I then parked it at sedo while I developed it and it disappeared from google, I assume because of the ads. However I then launched it again and it hasn't listed since!

Beers for whoever works out why?

It could possibly be because of your IP address, I see that someone is providing a proxy service who shares the same IP address http://www.dashslot.co.uk/proxy/

I'm not sure if this alone could be enough to get you blacklisted by G but I see you have also posted over at Google WebMasters Group and no one there has been able to provide an answer so it might be worth investigating the IP Address theory a little more or at least asking an SEO professional if it would cause an issue.

Good Luck, I can only imagine how frustrated you must be.
    -- Keith - StormHosts
    Professional Microsoft ASP, .Net, MS SQL and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Visit our Community at Stormhosts.net

Thanks Aradorn. Is there anything I can do about that? the site is hosted with fasthosts.

I think you firstly need to establish if this is grounds for Google to ban you, I only suggested it because I see from your other posts on the web that you have exhausted all other possibilities.

You need to be certain of the facts before you present them to your host or you might simply find they fob you off.

If no one comments here then perhaps try asking specifically about the IP address query at one of the SEO dedicated forums http://forums.seochat.com/google-optimization-7/ then depending on the answer approach your host and ask to be moved if necessary.

I would be interested to know what the whole outcome is, if nothing else but to educate myself, so give us an update if you have time.
    -- Keith - StormHosts

Either that or try submiting the site to google manually, that way google will definitly pick the site up, although it can damage the rating within the search engine.

Hope that Helps
    redihot.com | low cost quality hosting
    Looking for a web hosting solution? Gain complete satisfaction today.
    With our 99.95% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7 Monitoring, Friendly Support, Cpanel/Fantastico, Domains and much more, why wait?

I have submitted it manually, but still nothing. I did contact fasthosts too and they suggested submitting it manually!
    Googlebot is still visiting.
    One funny thing is that on analytics under page analysis it still shows text from an old index page i had which just said under construction. That page was deleted months ago so why is it still showing that? it also says my lowest ranked page is the homepage yet that's not indexed at all???

Google developed a more restrictive policy on indexing new websites earlier this year:
    http://www.platinax.co.uk/news/18-05...ortant-enough/

ADDED: Meaning that having a new domain means real problems when working with Google - not only will they likely not index you properly, even with lots of links, but you'll also see "sandboxing" for the effect of those links.

I can't believe that. It's been up for months so surely wouldn't be sandboxed that long? Also I know other people who have been indexed days after submitting and that is recently.
    Something odd is going on? On my sitemap page analysis it shows text from a page which was deleted a couple of months ago?

When your sandboxed your normally filtered from SERP's for certain competative keywords for a period time, that period of time can vary from a few months to a year +, you would still be indexed and you would still appear in Google results for searches such as yourdomain.com, less competative keyword searches and commands such as site:yourdomain.com

Your not sandboxed as you don't appear anywhere, this is another issue.
    -- Keith - StormHosts

http://www.leytonorient.co.uk/robots.txt

remove the robots.txt file altogether and see how it goes.
    if you want I can throw a link to your site from an actively crawled site, so we can pin point down the problem quickly.
    just PM me if you wish me to.

Thanks for the help guys. That counts out another issue. I'm still concerned that googles webmaster tools page analysis is showinf text from an old page which no longer exists?
    I also have some decent in links (50 total) 1 of them being thesun.co.uk which must be high ranking?

No offence but that pdf isn't exactly telling anyone anything that isn't very basic fundamentals of building a site!

use meta tags, submit to search engines, I never thought of that!

I have covered all the obvious which is why i'm appealing for help now, and it appears even the experts can't solve the issue.

I think it will be added to one of the worlds great mysteries.

mystery... never.
    theres always going to be a logical explanation.
    question.. did you pick up this domain from someone else or when it expired?
    did you have anything parked on the domain previously before you developed it?

Hi Nuthin, yes it was owned by the football club previously and had a pr of 2 on google. They let it drop, I reg'd it, and parked at sedo while i developed it. It's then that it was removed from google (as they do with parked pages) I then removed it from sedo and stuck a page up saying under construction (this is the text that shows under googles page analysis page in webmaster tools? under those tools it also shows that no pages were disallowed (whereas some should be). Anyway i then launched the site about 3 months ago and still no cache or index. Googlebot is visiting and did so yesterday?

Theres your problem...
    You picked up an expired TLD domain.
    Google has developed part of there algorithm to stop people from purchasing expired TLD domains and being able to benefit from the previous owners links and overall reputation.
    What I recommend for you to do is contact Google and explain your situation and ask kindly for them to lift the domain so it's able to be indexed and ranked in the near future based on your work.
    If you need any help on the best e-mail at Google to contact let me know via PM and I'll see what I can dig up.
    Freelance SEO Consultant - Been there, done that. Will do it again!

Just to let you all know. Finally indexed in google! I believe but can't confirm but I think filing a re-inclusion request solved my issue.

Thanks to all who helped.

Good News, glad you finally got it sorted.
    -- Keith - StormHosts