[Review] Red Hot Servers

Okay I've been with these guys for a month and I'm extremely satisfied.

I have to admit his communication skills over MSN weren't the best but within reason. He just didn't go out of his way probably thinking I wasn't legitimate customer.

Also, the website they have online isn't easy to navigate and has a few bugs. The support desk system isn't easy to find either.

Anyway, my server was setup within 12 hours of signing up and making the payment.

Since then the only reason I've had to submit a ticke(s) to support is when:
    1. Webserver needs to be restarted for security reasons
    2. I needed more IPs (which was done prompty)

My server reboots are usually done within hours, sometimes minutes.

I have never had it randomly restart and the connection has always been extremely fast.

I know they resell FDC servers. I'm on a shared 100mbps and get pretty much 30mbps all the time at least. I haven't really pushed it though.

I've tested it as a VPS for gaming servers, with 100 tick rate and very low pings as well. Even though I'm in Australia and the servers are in Chicago. My American friends were getting sub 20 pings. Game was CSource.

I'm paying an average price and am contracted in a special where I have more RAM/Space.

These guys have really looked after me and are very prompt with responses. Except for the small pedantic things I first said, I couldn't be happier.

As a developer and businessman, uptime and stability is extremely important to me. This is something Red Hot Servers has provided me.
    HostGuard.net - VPS Control Panel
    Automating and monitoring your hosting business.

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonic
    My server reboots are usually done within hours, sometimes minutes.
    Hours?!

Well if you can get 30mbit out of FDC Servers pricing, it's an excellent deal.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

I always tell people who want to go with FDC to look at their Terms of Service. There are all sorts of "fine print" on the bandwidth and speed.

We are very pleased with FDC.

I do not feel that there are fine print, their TOS layout very clearly what you can expect.

This one is a bit dodgy and not clear at all, in my opinion:

FDCservers.net LLC will monitor Customer's bandwidth. FDCservers.net LLC shall have the right to take corrective action if Customer's usage negatively impacts other clients.
    If I where to get a server with an unmetered bandwidth I wouldn't want to worry about bandwidth anymore, otherwise what's the point? But that doesn't seem to be the case with FDC... What do they mean by "negatively impacts other clients"? 10mbps? 20mbps? I don't like these kind of subjective terms, basically you never know for sure how much bandwith you can use... I've heard many stories of them restricting servers to a 10mbps port if they use a lot of bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by 295mfk
    Hours?!
    They are low priority, if they are high priority they restart within minutes.

Well I'm extremely happy with them and FDC.

They say I can push 9 terrabytes of data if I really wanted to.

Those ToS are to protect themselves from abuse.

Simply put, if you abuse your freedom, you have rules enforced/created to restrict your freedom, just like society .

I would push a lot of data through for 12 hour periods and my speeds were very consistant.

In a few months time when things pick up I'll report back with statistics as well.

They are low priority, if they are high priority they restart within minutes.

Well I'm extremely happy with them and FDC.

They say I can push 9 terrabytes of data if I really wanted to.

Those ToS are to protect themselves from abuse.

Simply put, if you abuse your freedom, you have rules enforced/created to restrict your freedom, just like society .

I would push a lot of data through for 12 hour periods and my speeds were very consistant.

In a few months time when things pick up I'll report back with statistics as well.

I just want to take the time to separate the Red Hot Servers from FDC as I am a FDC Client

- FDC restarts servers within 2-15 at max

- FDC now allows around 15 terabytes constant speed/month

- FDC's TOS stats at the bottom of the page as to abuse of bandwidth
    - Note they now have 30-35Gbit backbone

...but back on topic guys who is he reviewing, I am glad your getting the services you need from Red Hot. I to have set up gaming servers on the Red Hot's network and I was shocked at my ping like you stated it was around the 20's-30's

Is that shocked as in good or bad?

I guess the delayed Reboot times could be because Redhot recieves the reboot request and then sends it to FDC, the middle man thing is what causes the delay
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by FR-Alex
    I always tell people who want to go with FDC to look at their Terms of Service. There are all sorts of "fine print" on the bandwidth and speed.

Please post the "fine print" and share it with all of us.

Resellers at any data center have an advantage of building a relationship with the data center staff from the day-to-day service of handling many servers and that is a great service that only resellers can offer.

Last edited by music; 10-18-2006 at 08:44 PM.

Is that shocked as in good or bad?
    It wasn't expected for the price and the main ISP used but it is a good thing, its seem to be about a 85-90% steady 20-30 ping I am 3 states away.

You should inquire if you can get your server on a remote reboot port, so that you can restart it yourself. Not sure if that's an option with FDC but its something that can really make a huge difference for you and those who may utilize whatever services / sites you provide on that server.

The only time you'd need to reboot the system is if it freezes obviously and they usually do it within a few minutes for me.

Also, FDC don't have any fine print actually. In fact, it's rather broad and they should in fact have penalties, which they don't.

Basically, you abuse it you lose it.

They stated clearly, (before the numerous upgrades) that they would push 6000-9000gb per month and according to their acceptable use policy.

You can do anything with the servers and use to have unlimited IPs, now limit you to 60.

As far as I'm concerned I'm very happy with FDC and Redhat, they are also expanding very quickly.

The only problems I have researched is their apparant connections to Europe were "dodgy". I haven't encountered this myself and am extremely satisfied.

I appreciate companies like this, however they get abused in which case limitations are put in place.

Also, the website they have online isn't easy to navigate and has a few bugs. The support desk system isn't easy to find either.
    A brand-new website is in development and should be released by December 1, 2006

Future improvements will be a brand-new helpdesk as well.

The redhot guy spammed (PM) his services to me when I replied in an offer thread of another FDC reseller. Maybe some people would not mind that, but for me that's certainly a big no-no.

good review i was just about to purchase when i see there website plans dont match there billing software which kinda put me off there main page staes amd3100 coming with 2gb ram but there billing software only states 1gb ram

Quote Originally Posted by iand
    good review i was just about to purchase when i see there website plans dont match there billing software which kinda put me off there main page staes amd3100 coming with 2gb ram but there billing software only states 1gb ram
    we will honor it for you

I contacted them via Email and MSN. Which they are very prompt to reply with.

well he honoured his homepage offer for me so lets see how it goes so far so good though i like the fact i get an updated windows 2003 just now the wait for ips been as there helpdesk wont work for me

It's a bit obscured.

You have to navigate through a few pages and it'll be on the left.

Their website does need a new design.

well it seems the question for today is how much redhotservers messups will cost me having given me an ip range that had already been given to someone else sent a ticket in looks like too busy doing there advertising run to answer tickets already lost 3 customers today looks like it time to accept a $139 dollar loss and look elsewhere

now i bet if i mailed them with a sales request they would reply within minutes
    Last edited by iand; 11-07-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhsadmin
    we will honor it for you
    rhsadmin, will you honor the 64 IP's I had requested? Before I even bothered signing up I spoke with your tech via AIM, I had several questions and even addressed my concerns about utilizing the FDC network after previous experiences with the tech support team at fdc. I told the sales rep that the system would be used for IRC and cleared this with the sales rep, I informed the rep that I would need about 128 IP's as this was a replacement system to a server we have elsewhere the sales rep stated that would not be possible, I told him I am actively using about 50 and would need room to grow. I was informed that 64 would be acceptable.

After a long ticket with your support team, they told me to EMAIL sales, I did... No reply!

I have only been with you guys a month in a half, and have not even had a chance to use the system for the original purchase idea. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

EDIT: Corrected spelling error.

we can only allow 13 ip address block out at a time....
    *Note, to be eligible for additional ip allocation, your current subnet(s) must be 80% utilized.

You can simply order more by e-mailing or using our helpdesk.

As far as e-mailing we answer all e-mails received and you were given two sets of IP blocks

Quote Originally Posted by 295mfk
    This one is a bit dodgy and not clear at all, in my opinion:

If I where to get a server with an unmetered bandwidth I wouldn't want to worry about bandwidth anymore, otherwise what's the point? But that doesn't seem to be the case with FDC... What do they mean by "negatively impacts other clients"? 10mbps? 20mbps? I don't like these kind of subjective terms, basically you never know for sure how much bandwith you can use... I've heard many stories of them restricting servers to a 10mbps port if they use a lot of bandwidth.
    Well the point is that you don't want to worry about overages. That is why I buy unmetered. I don't need 100mbit constant and don't want to get hit with surprises.

I think you would be hard pressed to find recent negative reviews about FDC and their network or support. The comments you hear are generally not recent or are not from actual customers.
    Andrι Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by rhsadmin
    we can only allow 13 ip address block out at a time....
    *Note, to be eligible for additional ip allocation, your current subnet(s) must be 80% utilized.

You can simply order more by e-mailing or using our helpdesk.

As far as e-mailing we answer all e-mails received and you were given two sets of IP blocks

This is my point, I have e-mailed. I was told BEFORE signup that I could get the IP's I need, I DO HAVE 80% justification as they are currently assigned IP's from another company which my clients will be utilizing as soon as they get moved.

To this date, I have NOT received an e-mail from a member of your company in regards to my request, I have replied to your help desk system and would be more then happy to provide you with that link where the technician stated to e-mail you to begin with. Fact of the matter is you have not responded to my e-mails and trust me, my email system IS working properly. Since this thread is really not the place to deal with support you can PM me if you wish to help me, expect a review from myself as well coming soon.