Drive Critical: /da0s1f (/var) is 98% full

I am not a server admin and I do not want to screw up anything but is there anything that can be usually deleted (logs or whatever) in this drive without causing any problems? This info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

If you know were the logs are stored on the drive and you are sure you will not be needing them, you might aswell delete them.
    IgnitionHost -

cPanel Hosting - WHM Resellers - ShoutCast - Game Servers - Dedicated Servers - Web Design

That is what I am asking, what can be deleted "safely" in this drive exactly?

We are using FreeBSD 5.4

Disk da0s1a (/) 9 %
    Disk da0s1h (/home) 67 %
    Disk da0s1e (/tmp) 0 %
    Disk da0s1g (/usr) 46 %
    Disk da0s1f (/var) 98 %
    Disk da0s1d (/var/tmp) 7 %

Are you running cPanel?, can you give a list of folders that is in (/var). Then i may be able to tell you what you can delete.
    IgnitionHost -

cPanel Hosting - WHM Resellers - ShoutCast - Game Servers - Dedicated Servers - Web Design

How about downloading all .0 / .1 / .2 (and so on) logs? After that you can delete them, they don't have any use as far as I know.

If you have a backup drive that stays mounted you could move everything in /var/log to /backup/var/log, then symlink to it. It might even speed up the system because the drive head will be free to do other things. Never actually done it, but in theory it sounds like it would.

/var/cache might be another good candidate for moving and symlinking.

/var/lib/mysql is better left right where it is though.

* Moved to Technical and Security Issues

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

service chkservd stop; service mysql stop; mv /var/lib/mysql /usr; ln -s /usr/mysql /var/lib/mysql; chown -R mysql:mysql /usr/mysql; service mysql start; service chkservd start
    it is a magic string