Thumbs down Never Go With WebHostNerds.com

Never go with WebHostNerds. I don't care if they're running a super special and you get hosting for $1 a month. Never go with them.

Remember a week+ ago when the Mysql servers were down for me and I could not get hold of their support team? Guess what. Now their actual service is down. I don't know if their servers crashed or what. My websites down, their websites are down, everyone whom they hosts site is down.

I'm switching as soon as they're back up and I can obtain my files. IF they ever come back up and allow me to do so. Congratulations, WebHostNerds. You've finally frustrated me this much.

Crap. Please move this to the Web Hosting Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles6
    Never go with WebHostNerds. I don't care if they're running a super special and you get hosting for $1 a month. Never go with them.

Remember a week+ ago when the Mysql servers were down for me and I could not get hold of their support team? Guess what. Now their actual service is down. I don't know if their servers crashed or what. My websites down, their websites are down, everyone whom they hosts site is down.

I'm switching as soon as they're back up and I can obtain my files. IF they ever come back up and allow me to do so. Congratulations, WebHostNerds. You've finally frustrated me this much.
    Every one of their clients?

Just try to go to WebHostNerds.com and that should say it all.

I have never, not once, talked to someone when trying to call their support #. I believe they leave the phone off the hook. It's constantly busy.

How in the hell am I supposed to contact their support? If their sites down, I'm sure their e-mail is as well.

Still trying to get hold of them. Need my files desperately.

Sorry to hear about your problems...just tried to load their site but it seems to be down. As someone who has recently (earlier today) ditched a host due to lack of support, I would suggest you start looking as well and expect to pay more than $1 / month if you want something reliable.

I wouldnt complain if I pay $1/month for hosting. That is a massive downtime in the making... And I wont pay for that to get hosting too... These kids need to be taught in providing hosting and getting hosting.

Zac
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Wow, my sarcasm flew right over the both of your heads. Kids need to be taught in, well, school. Actually I pay them $7.50 a month. They were actually having a special when I signed up. My point is/was I wouldn't even pay them $1 a month for hosting. They're not worth it in my opinion. They are still down. I really wish I could at least get my files off of them.

I'm about to start paying a minimum of $90+ on hosting alone.

Thanks for the heads up Bojangles. I'm looking for a cheap provider to move some sites to but will avoid them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles6
    Wow, my sarcasm flew right over the both of your heads. Kids need to be taught in, well, school. Actually I pay them $7.50 a month. They were actually having a special when I signed up. My point is/was I wouldn't even pay them $1 a month for hosting. They're not worth it in my opinion. They are still down. I really wish I could at least get my files off of them.

I'm about to start paying a minimum of $90+ on hosting alone.
    How did you get the files on the web server? You should have backups locally unless your host specifically states they provide backups!

ALWAYS KEEP a backup!
    Axcelx Technologies - James
    Boston Colocation | Boston VPS
    Massachusetts Server Colocation, Dedicated Servers & VPS

They say they backup every single night. Their support e-mail is down. Their phone is constantly busy. I'm sure they keep it off the hook. Not once have I ever called and had it ring.

You're welcome, chadksmith.

This is the domain whois information they have listed. You may try calling or writing (snailmail) to them asking them for your files.

Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: WEBHOSTNERDS.COM
    Created on: 22-May-04
    Expires on: 22-May-07
    Last Updated on: 28-Apr-06

Administrative Contact:
    Private, Registration Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    United States
    (480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    United States
    (480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.WEBHOSTNERDS.COM
    NS2.WEBHOSTNERDS.COM
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

I'll try. Thank you.

Well, I just tried the # listed in the above WhoIs information. I talked with a pretty cool guy, but he doesn't exactly work for WebHostNerds. All he really had to go by was the same information I have.

Maybe snail mail will work. Hopefully they pop up in a few days. It looks like they have quite a few more months on the domain, so I don't see them letting those months wash away with no profit. Either way, if they come back up, I'm taking my files and running.

I think if you do get your data back, running might be a good plan.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Hi!
    I hate to break it to you...but you called godaddy.com instead of the host. That record is a "private" record godaddy offers...to mask real whois info. I would never buy hosting from a person who uses private records like that...it's almost like they are are trying to hide from the get-go.

Good luck. I've found two companies that offer self-serve/automated backups for my servers...I already have a account with one...ibackup.com..and have emailed the other...rsync.net. They both look very good and are very different...and..being the type of person I am...I'll get both. Backup to the backup. Woot!

Bryon

I don't know what to do besides wait. I hope they come back up. I put in too much time, effort, and coding to get ripped off on this.