I have just switched to Dotable and I would like to share my experience with you.
First of all I would like to say, I got the courage to switch webhosts form this forum because I am not really a super technical guy and I am lazy. My previous host was hacked twice in as many months and I got very worried about my data. So here we are, a new host.
Now my babble:
1. Support was pretty fast and surprising, the owner replied to my emails. Friendly, but a bit too stiff in my opinion.
2. Had some problems with their servers when I started to upload my files, but they solved it pretty quick. And yes, the owner replied to my emails to this problem as well.
3. Speed wise, not bad. Even from where I am, the speed is quite reasonable.
4. Price isnt exactly low, but then if it was the price I was looking at, I wont have shifted.
5. Their website is a bit confusing now, their main page is their forum as well. I was hoping a big bright link to their support site.
But then this is just a week worth of hosting experience, so I will post back in 3mths time.
Well, first of all, this is a post about dotable and what I felt about this host.
Secondly I want bygones be bygones.
And lastly, they have now improved quite significantly, althought I still dont really feel that safe with them anymore.
. . . 1. Support was pretty fast and surprising, the owner replied to my emails. Friendly, but a bit too stiff in my opinion.
Stiff? Was that me or Steve?
I hope we don't come accross as stiff.
5. Their website is a bit confusing now, their main page is their forum as well.
Yes, we've just switched to the forum platform that I pioneered with httpme. Feels so much better than having a "normal" site, sitting infront of the forum. We have more work to do yet, so we're not completely finished. Hopefully when we're done that will remove any confusion.
Thank you for your comments.
•AussieHost.com• Aussie Bob, host since 2001 • • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •
I have been around for one two months. Uptime is great. They are pro-active at informing you whats happening too. (Subscribe to their forum)
Support time... maybe I am the unlucky one. Though Bob did say to me that responses are normally in minutes, mines normally a little later....sometimes an hour.
Generally , I am still very satisfied with the quality of the service.
Ya, I should have checked the forums first when I have problems uploading.
But Bob did reply to me in about 20 minutes and that was quite impressive because at that time they were probably busy(because of the server problem).