Phpmyadmin DB backup, netbunch??

I've been having lots of trouble backing up my databases lately. The only way I know how to do so is with the 'export' function in phpmyadmin.

Lately when I try to backup the entire database, I get a 'connection reset by host (or something)' error, after downloading a few megs.

My host is Netbunch. Does anyone have any clues/solutions (please try to refrain from 'leave Netbunch' comments...)

On a side note, some of the options I don't quite understand include "Maximal length of created query"--if this is set to a low number, will the backup be 'truncated'?

New York City

I'd submit a ticket to inquire about the error you're getting as you shouldnt have trouble exporting from phpmyadmin unless theres a corrupted file or something wrong on the system config side and so on.

Good luck.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

e-gads! submitting a ticket to netbunch is like submitting a ticket to a black hole

are there other ways to easily backup a database?

If you have ssh2 to the server you could easily do it using mysqldump.
    Justin Schurawlow :: Technology Enthusiast
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog