What is the difference between subdomains and addon domains?

Under my post "Ex-WHP curious about cheapo hosting" someone recommended but thought that did not have addon domains. They do but they cost a bit extra. They do say they have free unlimited subdomains. I have 3 or 4 domains I use and I think my other domains were set up as subdomains when I was with dr2/mesopia/netbunch.

Can someone please explain the difference between subdomains and addon domains?

Also any other experiences with Globedomain?

white trash philosphizer

West Michigan, USA
    A subdomain is like this:

An addon domain is simply another separate domain name added into your hosting account. Like points to the directory /yourdomain1 and points to the directory /yourdomain2

||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs! - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I think I will go with ASO then for $25 per year.

Well, I got my little hosting plan from ASO and in less then an hour after paying I am up and running with my domains pushed from godaddy and working and email working so I am happy!
    So long, netbunch!

New York City
    Glad your doing fine with your new host ASO, have fun with your new hosting account and do update on us in few months of your new hosts progress.

Take care!
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...