My new Lexmark sucks

Ahh yes, so after 3 years with my old Lexmark, I decide it's time for a new one. So I head off to Wally World and get one. Get it home, install it. It all goes great. FAX works, copier works, scanner works. But, the printer (computer to printer) doesn't.

So, I check the Lexmark KB and do everything it says. Then, I call them and spend well over an hour on the phone (most of which was waiting). So, they tell me to update the drivers (which I did) and got my mailing address.

So yesterday, they sent me a brand spankin' new printer.

Today, I'm going to call them and congratulate them on sending me another printer that doesn't work.

*sigh*

/rant
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

I've always bought Lexmarks because they're cheap and pretty much disposable. I've never had one last longer than a year and I never expect them to. I'm amazed, in fact, that all of my Lexmarks have worked out-of-the-box.

They're junky/cheap printers.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Are you still using Windows 95? J/K
    I can understand your frustration. It happened to me twice, with very reputable office products manufacturers: HP and Xerox.
    Good luck!

I'm going to call them Monday and congratulate them on sending me a nonworking printer

JazzFinder Nailed it.

HP and Xerox are the only ones worth the cash imo.
    Matt Armour
    OpenReaction

I use to use an expensive laser printer from Lexmark. the Optra R+. This was like 10 years ago but it cost 1200 at the time! i use to be amazed that it could print 16 pages per minute black! hahah

Anyway, I had great experience with it. My wife had a lexmark Z51 or something and it constantly had problems.

I've been using HP for awhile now (color laser this time) and I'm very happy with it.

Might consider switching manufacturers? Though I think it's a HUGE coincidence that you got two bad ones? How does it connect? parallel, USB, Firewire?

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    Might consider switching manufacturers? Though I think it's a HUGE coincidence that you got two bad ones? How does it connect? parallel, USB, Firewire?
    USB...It says on their site there are compatibility issues with Compaq's (which I have) and it would require a firmware update...a firmware update in which they won't give me.

You bought a Lexmark? To be honest, I think that was the start of your problems. If you want something good, then go for Epson, HP, Ricoh or Xerox.

I bought a Lexmark AIO a few years ago, I still use it... but it won't let me switch the USB cable from one USB port to another without having to reinstall the software.

Maybe that's what you did?

I didn't realize Lexmark was so bad... I've had some problems with mine, but that was mostly caused by nail clippers dropping into the paper input thing.
    He arose!