Thread: Servstra?

Angry Servstra?

I have had a server with Servstra for the better part of this year with no serious issues until today.

My server has been off line for over 9 hours now. I have tried to reach Tech Support, Sales and the Tech Admin with no response from anyone.

I have people screaming at me because their sites are dead and I have absolutely no answers. Has anyone heard on the news if their are any Data Centers that have been blown off the planet or taken over by aliens?

No, there's not been such events..

Wait for a response from them, they will give you one soon for sure.

Well it has been 12 hours since my server went down and I still can't reach anyone at Servstra. This is a major dissapointment. I found Servstra here on WHT and they seemed like a good company..... for 7 months.

Angry Are You with Servstra?

Just wondering who else here has a dedicated server with Servstra. My server went down 12 hours ago and I can't reach anyone in tech or sales.

Im trying to figure out if the Data Center crashed and burned or if Im the only one having troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Pooh-Bah
    Just wondering who else here has a dedicated server with Servstra. My server went down 12 hours ago and I can't reach anyone in tech or sales.

Im trying to figure out if the Data Center crashed and burned or if Im the only one having troubles.
    i'm with them and my server is running fine

I can assure you that we are still in business.

The Sales team is only open during normal business hours as listed on our website, however, our Support team are available 24/7 and have been answering support tickets as per usual.

I believe Chris has explained to you why your support requests were not creating a ticket in our help desk. If you require further explanation, let me know.

I've already replied to your other thread at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=4083375 regarding this matter.

This has been an interesting ordeal. Turns out if your server goes down and you go to Servstra’s support center it will allow you to log in and write up a request for help but they will never get the message.. The system will only send request to the support group from email addresses that are working. Server down = Email down= No Help.

In other words I begged for help for 12+ hours and no one ever got the message…..

If you are with Servstra put this email address on your list if you ever have this kind of problem. It skips their Mission Control Center and goes directly to someone in Support. dedsupprot@servstra.com Also be sure to list an email address that is not connected to their servers as your contact address.

As the saying goes…You learn something every day…until you die….but then again you learn the truth on that day.

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by Grand Pooh-Bah; 09-03-2006 at 09:27 AM.

This has been an interesting ordeal. Turns out if your server goes down and you go to Servstra’s support center it will allow you to log in and write up a request for help but they will never get the message.. The system will only send request to the support group from email addresses that are working Server down = Email down= No Help.

In other words I begged for help for 12+ hours and no one ever got the message…..

If you are with Servstra put this email address on your list if you ever have this kind of problem. It skips their Mission Control Center and goes directly to someone in Support. dedsupprot@servstra.com Also be sure to list an email address that is not connected to their servers as your contact address.

As the saying goes…You learn something every day…until you die….but then again you learn the truth on that day.

Have a nice day!

It would be nice to get a closing "what happened" on this thread. Servstra can you clarify why the support ticket was not going through and what happened that this guys server was down for over 9 hours? People might be looking at your company for servers but leaving such a thread undressed leaves them in question.

Also - if you offer management with each server it would be my guess that you monitor these servers as well. Being the case - why would you need to wait for a support ticket to come through for notification that this clients server was down - espically for over 9 hours. You do check your monitors more than once per day correct? This also shows that your company is far from being proactive management.

Can you please verify and refute what I say. I was actually considering you for a possible provider.