dotable, hostgater, dathorn - which one?

Looking for suggestions / feedback to see if one is better than others. I've been with several hosts over the years and through wht I've gotten with good ones. I'm currently using Dathorn (have been with them several years) and I'm generally happy, but lately the server seems to be overloaded. I also have a dedicated server at tailormadeservers that I no longer need. I'm looking to consolidate the accounts from the dedicated server with the accounts on the reseller account at dathorn.

It's actually too bad I don't still need the dedicated server, because I've been very happy with tailormadeservers and I've got a great deal on the server.

I really only need about 3gb of space and 30gb of bandwidth to host no more than 15 of my own sites.

Dathorn is definitely the cheapest. Their support has always been very good. Again - the only concern I have is that the server seems a overloaded at times. The network has always seemed pretty solid and I've had good server uptime. Andrew has said they plan on upgrading the server at some point, but can't give a timeline for my server.

I believe Hostgator would be second cheapest. I know the least about them, but have seen them recommended in several other posts here. I really don't know how good their uptime, server loads, network stability, and support are.

Dotable seems to be the priciest, yet still inexpensive. I have seen aussie bob's posts here for many years and comments have generally been positive for his companies.

Finally, I have also contacted hostingmatters, who I used to use for a shared hosting account and had always had great luck with. I'm waiting to hear back if they still do any type of custom accounts that could possibly meet my needs. I'd be willing to pay a little more money to go with them, given that I know the servers were always fast and the network was solid - with very good monitoring on their part.

Any feedback or even additional suggestions would be most welcome.

There's really not much point asking that here - they'll all go for Dotable cause he posts here.

For cPanel hosting, I'd say Dotable (I have some random/misc. domains hosted with them)

Have you tried searching for reviews here? That should help you decide. The one that best matches your requirements should be the one you pick.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 & 1 = 3
    There's really not much point asking that here - they'll all go for Dotable cause he posts here.
    I don't agree with your statement. I have a reseller account with Dotable and am very satisfied with them but I don't automatically think everyone should use Aussie Bob's company. Like someone on here says, "there is no best host, only the host that's best for you".

Rick_M,
    Since you were happy with hostingmatters in the past, I suggest you pursue making a deal with them if at all possible. If that doesn't work out, you have the three other choices you've mentioned, only you can make the final decision. The best of luck to you with whoever you decide on.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Hostgator also hosts here --

Posting here as a host is a double-edged sword. I can not think of any "bad" hosts that continue to post here, or even any mediocre hosts - as even one negative thread will scare off most people.

I believe that if someone found a host here, and is not happy with them, they will be more than vocal about it.

Of those people that have said they use dotable - what are the server loads generally when you've checked, if you have checked?

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Hostgator also hosts here --
    Posts here

For the time being, I've decided to stay with Dathorn. The server uptime is more critical to me than fast loading pages (at this time) - and the uptime has been impressive compared to any other host I've been with, regardless of price. For the last several months, Dathorn has been upgrading their servers, and the server I'm on is still one of the old servers. I'm expecting things will be better once the server is upgraded.

At this time, I can't justify spending more money - especially given my past experience has been that if you have something that is working, you are usually best off to not move.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It is nice to see there are several quality hosts out there to select from these days. I can only imagine the amount of time / energy these hosting companies must require.
    Last edited by Rick_M; 09-02-2006 at 11:10 PM. Reason: removed sig

Of those people that have said they use dotable - what are the server loads generally when you've checked, if you have checked?
    It's normally under 1. Here's right now: 0.36 0.45 0.43
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

All the hosts mentioned above post here

I believe Hostgator would be second cheapest. I know the least about them, but have seen them recommended in several other posts here. I really don't know how good their uptime, server loads, network stability, and support are.
    All I can add is that one site I've had with HostGator for about a year now, has a monitored uptime of 99.97% (Host-tracker).

Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Hostgator or cyberservers would be a good choice

Hostgater = Good

Although Hostgater is not the cheepest i have many people that have very good experiences there. They have a decent size network and offer quality support. They offer money back and will assist you with any problems you have.
    IgnitionHost -

cPanel Hosting - WHM Resellers - ShoutCast - Game Servers - Dedicated Servers - Web Design

spechackers and IgnitionHost, have you actually used them?

Yes

I Bought a couple of Dedicated Servers off them for over a year and was just as you would expect, The price was good and if i had any problems they would be more than willing to help me and fixed problems that they did not have to do. The only reason i stoped buying from them was because i got a deal on Co-Location with a Data Center.
    IgnitionHost -

cPanel Hosting - WHM Resellers - ShoutCast - Game Servers - Dedicated Servers - Web Design