Thumbs up AllManaged Difference - Review

Hello,

I am allmanaged reseller for over 1.5 years and i am very happy with them. I know they had some difficulties a few months ago but after and before this event they were very good.

Why are they very good for me?

- Allmanaged is really fully managed. If you are NOT server administrator, you should choose fully managed dedicated firm or you should be ready to pay much money for essential installs, OS reloads or fixing the hard issues. They fixed all server issues and reinstalled server's OS many times WITHOUT any additional payment

-Network is very stable and fast. There is no downtime.

-Prices are very very affordable. They have very good Dual Xeons servers with unbeatable prices. These servers are perfect for hosting services or intensive web sites.

-Customer relationships are very friendly and kind. I appreciate Vanessa, Liz, Tonya and support staff.

-Your new server is online generally in 24 hours.

I like Allmanaged and want to work for years more. I hope they start to promote their services more. I think the main problem of them is that they cannot advertise their products as well as they are.

Go on Good Works SAGO/AllManaged !
    Thanks,
    Melih Sarioglu
    "Your success is our success."
    www.kebirhost.net

Wow, thanks a lot!

I wish they would add more servers, opteron, dual core. Prices aren't as competitive as it used to, especially the upgrades. But, they have been very good to me this year, support seems to have improved and their network is rock solid. Hopefully, they'll add more savvis or mci soon.

We're working to get more providers all the time, when the price is right we go ahead and add them. As for the servers, we're going to start switching over to some new products soon, just wait and see. I'm not sure if I like Opterons in a server environment, though.

I'm not sure if I like Opterons in a server environment, though.
    What environment do you like them in then?
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    What environment do you like them in then?
    The World of Warcraft environment

I guess I'm just prejudiced against AMD processors ever since I saw the aftermath of one catching on fire in a 1U server. I haven't tried out an Opteron yet, so I probably shouldn't pass judgement until we get a couple in for testing.

Nothing personal, but if you see a porsche light on fire ...then i guess they also suck? I have ...so now you might consider them pretty bad right?

If you read reviews for the last 2 years or so you should see that the opteron is here to stay. Performance is awesome. AMD have gotten the big players (HP, IBM, Dell seems to be coming...) and saying that a opteron went on fire in a 1U system and you dont like them ....hey, is it possible that maby the mobo was not working, the psu or something else?

I dont know about you, but i've gotten a few bad apples from both AMD & Intel....i've even seen Itaniums break down and cry .....But i doubt alot of people have the same experience as you.....just my 0.02$$

P.S: No, im no more AMD fanboy then the Intel vice president, but yet, i do remember some pentiums having some heat issues ....did i stop using them, no....I even currently run over 150+ boxes with more Xeons the Opterons...but for performance greedy apps (oracle etc) i try to go with only opterons ...maby im just a nutjob using those damn opterons!

Quote Originally Posted by finnzi
    Nothing personal, but if you see a porsche light on fire ...then i guess they also suck? I have ...so now you might consider them pretty bad right?

Never seen a Porche catch on fire, but if I did I would think twice about buying one. Of course, I can't afford a Porche anyway, so that point is moot.

Their levels of support and overall network stability has improved dramatically in the last few months. We have been with them for over a year. The low point was a few months ago when our server was down for several days. However, since then, we have definately noticed a significant improvement which made us decide to continue hosting with them. Assuming no more serious issues we hope to have a long term relationship with Allmanaged.

I also noticed their support improved, more helpful and quicker responses

Quote Originally Posted by Sago-MikeK
    I guess I'm just prejudiced against AMD processors ever since I saw the aftermath of one catching on fire in a 1U server. I haven't tried out an Opteron yet, so I probably shouldn't pass judgement until we get a couple in for testing.

I could say the same about Foundry Core routers as I watched them melt in your production environment leading to 48+ hours of nearly 100% P/L.

The opterons infact run cooler and faster than comperable xeon class equipment (new woodcrests are the exception of course).

The routers, after the firmware fix, have been running fine for over a year now. They're rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by goacom
    Their levels of support and overall network stability has improved dramatically in the last few months....
    Yeah. I have to chime in and agree that support was okay before. But now it absolutely rocks!
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Thanks a lot, we're really ramping up the support department and have recently added some fantastic technicians to compliment the guys and gals that have been kicking butt all along.

Quote Originally Posted by ANewDay
    I wish they would add more servers, opteron, dual core. Prices aren't as competitive as it used to, especially the upgrades. But, they have been very good to me this year, support seems to have improved and their network is rock solid. Hopefully, they'll add more savvis or mci soon.
    This sums it up for me.

Support to be frank has never been an issue for me. But that may be because I enjoy some special privileges and has direct communication lines to quite a number of people
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

Thanks a lot, we're really ramping up the support department and have recently added some fantastic technicians to compliment the guys and gals that have been kicking butt all along.
    It'd better if each ticket reply contains the name of the tech. This way, we know who worked on what and more organized. Also, the password stored in plain text format still bugs me.

I hope there will be some surprises coming for existing customers, maybe a free upgrade or something along those lines it's time for an anniversary celebration.

We're working to get more providers all the time, when the price is right we go ahead and add them. As for the servers, we're going to start switching over to some new products soon, just wait and see. I'm not sure if I like Opterons in a server environment, though.
    I don't care about AMD Opterons. But please upgrade Intel servers to the new Core 2 Duo series asap.

Hello,

I don't care about AMD Opterons. But please upgrade Intel servers to the new Core 2 Duo series asap.
    You are right. I agree with you.
    Thanks,
    Melih Sarioglu
    "Your success is our success."
    www.kebirhost.net

We have a lot of hyperthreaded P4s in stock, we have to use those up before we put in any new orders for new equipment. So buy lots of servers!

And I am currently pricing out new Opterons, P4s and Celerons for Allmanaged and Sago. Big changes are coming, people. It's going to be very sweet.

Thumbs up

We have a lot of hyperthreaded P4s in stock, we have to use those up before we put in any new orders for new equipment. So buy lots of servers!

And I am currently pricing out new Opterons, P4s and Celerons for Allmanaged and Sago. Big changes are coming, people. It's going to be very sweet.
    Maybe you guys should have a closeout sale or something

I can't wait for the changes! hope it affects current, loyal customers as well

And maybe a pre-launch sale
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

We have come up with some new packages and should be adding Opterons to our stock shortly. We will post the new offers as soon as they are available. We appreciate all the compliments!

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    Yeah. I have to chime in and agree that support was okay before. But now it absolutely rocks!
    hmm .. some host recommeneded by software revenue ... let me see it ....

Quote Originally Posted by ANewDay
    Maybe you guys should have a closeout sale or something
    We've actually got a really cool idea for something like this, keep checking the website for the next few weeks. We're going to do a site reorginization and make some amazing new offers that I think a lot of people are going to want to get in on.

Awesome, the allmanaged.com site hasn't been updated in ages! Also, sagonet.com needs a facelift I hope you guys will change the upgrade pricing as well cause it's really higih compared to other hosts.

All of that is under consideration and construction behind the scenes.