* weird virus that types words and letters on it

Hi everyone, I'm new. Nice community here.

my issue: basically i have this weird virus thing. I'm not sure what it is. It comes on at random and if I'm in Word, Excel or typing in any form field it pops up and types words, letters, incohesive stories and weird characters on its own. Sometimes a small url bar with a green arrow would pop up as well and expand and contract according to the random phrases. If I cilck in on the green arrow it dissappears and comes right back. It's very annoying as it interfers with my documents when I type. If I have to type in a url i have to beat it by typing super fast (since its really slow) and deleting the characters swiftly. The only way I can get it to stop for a couple days is by restarting my computer.

I have a Sager PC, Norton Antivirus 2006, spybot and spyware blaster. None of these got rid of the problem. i've had this problem for about 3 months. I'll post the character when it comes on again. I really need to kill this thing. it's quite gross! Any ideas?

Marjory

format and re-install windows.

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    format and re-install windows.

I will try that as a last resort. i'm still trying to understand what is so I don't repeat my mistake.

Hi

Hello i had a one like this. I used ca etrust anti virus. Got rid of it as soon as i did a virus scan. You can get a 12 month free if you search on google etrust microsoft.

kvnband, that forum was extremely helpful. There is still the unknown factor of is my issue a virus, or simply the speech software malfunctioning. I have other issues with my computer like it started to run slower to the point that I can't even record or output audio from my ProTools. This is odd since I've done everything to optimize my pc even upgrading to 1gG ram. I read this this typing virus could be responsible for that as well. Anyway, I will try to all the suggestions starting with using ca etrust anti virus, then I will disable the speech and maybe even re-install windows. I have had my pc for 3 years without other problems and I never had to this before but I may reluctanlty re-instal. Thanks all for your help. I really trully appriciate it.

...... is this is this... ......... this is this is The move have to go to one to two one 11 one 11 two one one one one one one one one of the women to come down into 12 one of the two men long line of one of

Quote Originally Posted by zackHost
    Hello i had a one like this. I used ca etrust anti virus. Got rid of it as soon as i did a virus scan. You can get a 12 month free if you search on google etrust microsoft.

Hi ZackHost, Did you ever have to re-install your OS after you installed ca etrust?

It really sounds like the speech engine is picking up what you say. especially the is this is this...... part....and the part where it is repeating the various ways of one 1, 11, one one one 11, etc.....
    Kevin

I not speaking at all and it's always quiet around me. Also, sometimes I get this independent mini browser url thing that pops up with a big green arrow that has similar text.

If you run vnc make sure the version isn't 4.1.1.

I had something very similar happen.. not sure if it's the same thing happening to you. But if I would be typing (typing anywhere) whether it be in notepad, wordpad or a forum... as I'd type all of a sudden it would start typing these weird characters on it's own. Like it was possessed or something. A bunch of odd looking jibberish.

I swore it was a virus and I thoguht it was... but then somebody made the crazy suggesstion that my keyboard had simply gone awry and to replace it.

I highly doubted it was the keyboard but when I replaced it... sure enough it was the key board!

If it's doing odd stuff when you start typing... maybe try a temp new keyboard?

i think i solved the problem. A suggestion someone gave me hear to disable the speech function in Microsoft Professional Office. Someone gave me a link to another forum with instrusctions on how to disable. I'll post the details this evening if you haven't found it.