Bandwidth: W2K vs *NIX

Im new to these boards and while searching through them for good dedicated hosts, I noticed that any host with *nix servers allots way more bandwidth than ones with win2k. Places like rackshack, serverbeach, etc all offer several hundreg GB transfer.

I couldn't find a w2k host that offered similar transfer for a similar(or even slightly higher) price. I can pay $100 at rackshack and get 400gb monthly transfer. Does anyone know of a dedicated host for WINDOWS 2000 that has at least 300gb transfer? Thanks.

Also about how much bandwidth would a site with all around stuff like some pictures, and a forum with 40,000 users a day use up? would 300gb be enough?

-Eric

:)

For one *nix is better and Free. So they have more room to give more bandwidth if the os is free..

fdcservers.net ... I think Petr might be able to help you for the Windows installation ... (not listed on their main site, but they did offer me before).

tophosting.com ... never had experience with them

webauthorities.com ... never had experience with them

As long as you purchase a license for windows, you can put it on a dedicated with most companies.

like which companies? I know Rackshack for sure doesnt. Anyone know about rackspace, serverbeach, etc?

port80comm.com and dv2.com are the ones I would go with!
    but for a windows server you need to pay ALOT more ( in general) than for a *nix server, since you need to buy all the licenses

Originally posted by eric650
    like which companies? I know Rackshack for sure doesnt. Anyone know about rackspace, serverbeach, etc?
    Look at companies you think are worthwhile and just ask I can think of quite a few that do it, but aren't allowed to advertise in here, so they either cant say that they do it, or they beg someone else to come and advertise for them .

well, rackspace already offers managed windows os dedicated hosting services