windows VPS w. Plesk

hello all,

I was browsing on http://flexservers.com for a windows VPS.

they offer a plan with 256 MB guaranteed. It's a windows 2003 with Plesk 7.5.
    will that be enough ram ???

if you know of any other VPS, Reseller based in europe for a WINDOWS plan. please let me know.

I know of some, (like eurovps) but offering 100 MB quota for ms-sql is not reall an option for me. I use the ORDBMS features inside mssql 2005 a lot.

although they have the best reputation in europe around here... I know...

please all suggestions are welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by psykik
    hello all,

I was browsing on http://flexservers.com for a windows VPS.

they offer a plan with 256 MB guaranteed. It's a windows 2003 with Plesk 7.5.
    will that be enough ram ???

if you know of any other VPS, Reseller based in europe for a WINDOWS plan. please let me know.

I know of some, (like eurovps) but offering 100 MB quota for ms-sql is not reall an option for me. I use the ORDBMS features inside mssql 2005 a lot.

although they have the best reputation in europe around here... I know...

please all suggestions are welcome...
    I had a Plesk w/ W2K3 VPS with 256MB of RAM and it felt slow to use, even though it had nothing on it really. But, YMMV.

thanks for the feedback.

It seems really difficult to find a good reseller in Europe. I want european located servers.
    Often you stumble upon a UK based host but when you trace their url it shows they are using US-based DC's.

I don't care if it's a plan with a lot of restrictions (number of domains, db's, ...). In fact I would prefer it above others because it's better on the long run for server stability.

I only need 2 things on my windows reseller/VPS:
    - .Net 2.0 & 1.0 support
    - MsSql 2000 or 2005 (with a reasonable quota per db or as a whole)

what would even be better is a cluster type host using H-sphere. that way I can manage both linux and windows. I'm willing to pay £40-50 for it.
    if it's only windows about £30-35

I'm considering altaire.com for the moment....

I would not run plesk with 256MB RAM, in my direct experience even with 7.6 that no longer has a 20MB apache process, it will not run more than 1-5 basic sites with such little ram.

I was just wondering something...
    if I get a vps without mssql support, how would it perform by installing mssql express on that vps ???

developing a website for a client using mssql express would be a heck of a lot easier since visual studio uses that by default and for mssql (full) I always need to port the membership providers for instance....

How much RAM, less than 512MB your talking SLOW SLOW MSSQL Express.