Yahoo New Design

http://www.yahoo.com/beta.html

So what ya'll think? I like the new logo, it stands out more than the previous one and some 3D added to the graphic icons.

yeah its not too bad........cleaner and more organized........
    --

I don't have much on this thread to say apart from its not much of a change. I've never really liked the geocities or yahoo websites, and hoped that some day they will totaly retransfer to something far better, maybe using visible frame, and setting out all the paragraphs and sections out in visible frames down the right and left side.

I guess this change on yahoo is only a little step towards something bigger, although I like the way its been more re-organised and the little icons with backgrounds are neat.

I like the new logo and icons. But the rest should stay the same IMO.

Finally ditched the the Times New Roman.
    Antialiased graphics, it's about time they put away MS Paint.

Wow, what an improvement, they improved alot, I like it much better than their old design.

That looks far better than the previous one. The content is laid out nicely, and geeze, the logo and buttons, much better!

It was their look before that made me look for other search engines. I can't stand Times New Roman.
    Andrew Walenczykiewicz
    StyleMy.com

All I can say is What took them so long? The changes make the site look much much cleaner. Granted, same basic format, but looks alot better.
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

The URL doesn't work for me...

logo and icons are much better, as is the font. I think they should keep the center type style of all thier channels and add the rest of the beta under that

Very nice design, I love the new look.. Logo certainly looks way better.. IMO Overall a much cleaner design then the previous one..
    Nirav S. - nirav@pulsehost.com
    Administrator
    Pulse Host - Advanced Hosting Solutions
    http://www.pulsehost.com

The new design is an improvement I think. It's still very basic, but it looks much cleaner than the old one, which is very outdated. Especially when they're using Times New Roman or similar font on the main page of the current design, lol.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

I would say it is hardly any different. It is a bit better though and is clearer...I definitely prefer this to the old one...

i agree with web dzignz , it doesnt look that much different , and its still to cluttered , i think yahoo has enough money to do something better then this

... If only they stopped being greedy and used a good few hundred to get the perfect layout!!

I agree too, there isn't much of a difference and the GUI is pretty poor. The layout is still cluttered with those tiny 8pt. fonts.

It seems to be that Yahoo! is now focusing around their own content rather than their search engine.

Template

Maybe they could buy one of the templates for sale here
    Peachtree WebWorks, LLC
    http://www.peachtreewebworks.com

Strange, there are no ads...