Warsaw, IN

how do I redirect incoming email to a php script?

Does anyone know of a method to redirect an incoming email, from a specific email address, to a php script for processing?

I have one of those camera phones, and I already have a php script that extracts the image from an email and posts it to my wordpress blog, but I was just wondering if there was a way to setup some kind of email event so that,
    only when a message is recieved from a certain email address run a php script.

is this possible?

I have a linux VPS running CentOS 4 and cpanel/WHM.

I didn't know if qmail or exim could do something like this or not, and if so how? as I don't know how these email servers work exactally. I don't know exactally what my VPS is using and I'd like to avoid recompiling my email server if at all possible, I didn't know if an email rule or event be setup or what?

I mean, any email sent by my cellphone is going to be a photo, and if I setup a cron job to periodically check email thats just a waste if I don't post a picture for awhile, and I could always setup a specific email account for this, but this new email account could always get spam and I don't want that spam to be accidentally posted to my blog, so I was just wondering if there was a way I could do it when an email from a specific email address comes in.

Last edited by bubazoo; 09-01-2006 at 12:43 AM.

I don't have much experience with this (so take my advice with a grain of salt), but I have got it to work on a Dreamhost account.

I found this link to be very helpful (especially the comments):

You may want to do a google search. I believe you are going to need to use procmail filters (if I remember correctly).

Hope this at least points you in the right direction.