Question editing swf files

one of the swf is a banner which is a hyperlink when clicked on anywhere. Is there a software out there that could edit the hyperlink within the swf without the need for the project file?

Yes, do a search on google for an SWF compiler.
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website

if it is your banner why would you not have the projet file, and if it isn't you are stealing. right?

Quote Originally Posted by ANewDay
    one of the swf is a banner which is a hyperlink when clicked on anywhere. Is there a software out there that could edit the hyperlink within the swf without the need for the project file?
    no, you can do that without project file.
    Even if you get swf complier you actualy compile project file using swf file

What you're looking for is a decompiler, not a compiler, I believe. And yes, if it's not your banner, it's stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by daveredfern
    if it is your banner why would you not have the projet file, and if it isn't you are stealing. right?
    a member of my design team created it, I discovered the typo after she left for vacation.

Care to how us the typo so that we can believe what you stated?
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

I can only say that this person put 4 w's in the url

i am not sure if you can edit a swf like that. because it compresses all of it so you won't have the layers and things whereas the fla files stores all the layers etc.

daveredfern is right, SWF files are exported by Macromedia Flash/Adobe Flash, what you need is the Fla file to edit, and you need the Flash program to edit them and don't think i'm talking about the Flash plugin