I have been hunting high and low for a place to source some design talent. Locally, I am not having much luck. A lot of applicants are either fresh students or have very questionable portfolios. I have always found the best talent on internet forums/groups, so I follow my own tradition and search again here.
I manage a company that works on medium to large web projects. I have a very solid team. Most work locally to me, all from home (got to love the mobile age!) and this comprises of developers, a print designer and a web designer. I do a bit of everything, but mainly stick to programming and project management.
I am looking to add a new web designer to the team.
- You do not need to be local.
- You DO need to be available on Skype, MSN or Phone when required.
So what do I class as a designer? Well someone who uses their preferred software (we prefer Photoshop) to generate creative user interfaces and web designs based on client briefs and developed information architecture.
As a designer, your creativity, open mind, ability to see the client’s perspective and knowledge of current trends is of utmost importance.
- You are NOT expected to code.
So what does this mean? We are looking for someone who can submit highly creative, layered PSD files (layered as per our specs) for coders to turn into working solutions. With a focus on pure design, you can achieve the highest output without needing to think about the coding of your templates. We call them templates, because that’s what they are until there coded – then it’s a design!
- Industry experience.
- Proven portfolio.
- At least 1 reference and contact details (we may/may not contact them).
- 21yrs + (will make allowances if portfolio is good enough).
- Can accept Wire Transfers or Paypal ONLY.
- English speaking.
- Can work to deadlines.
- A designer looking for a residual income.
- A graphic design student looking for an early break into the industry.
- An unemployed designer just trying to pay the bills!
And now the hook. I disclose the remuneration details for a number of reasons. It proves that we are not looking to get something for virtually nothing. We do not believe in $50 designs or $10 per hour. Full stop. It also shows the level of professional design we require. Payment will be between $500USD and $1500USD per design. A typical design will include:
- One main page
- One content page
- Elements such as buttons, icons etc.
- Alternate elements (if it’s a rollover, provide the alternate image layer/comp!)
- Final submission a layered (to our specs) PSD file.
Knowledge of the following skills are not required, but you could earn a hell lot more if you do:
- XHTML/CSS coding of your designs.
- Flash Design .
- Illustration (for web).
Expected level of skill:
- A regular designer we employ monthly is a supplier for templatemonster.com
- High understanding of modern web trends (web 2.0, CSS)
Thanks so much for your time guys! Hope we can source some great talent from here.
Send your details with title marked “WHT APPLICATIONS” to:
Kaizan (AT) soldat.com.au
Applications close in 7 days (we have some deadlines already and the designer will start immediately).
█ emotch.com.au || Web Design || Print Design || Development █ emotch.com.au || eCommerce || SEO/SEM || Full Support System
Your Global Contractor