* Rackmounted - Any Opinions? Also need opinions on packages.

For only $64 you get:

Processor Choice of Intel CeleronD CPU
    Starting from 2.66 GHz
    Hard Drive(s) Serial ATA 150Mbps
    From 80 GB
    RAM 512 MB - 4 GB
    Operating System Choice of OS (Linux/BSD, Windows)
    IP Addresses 8 (Assigned based on need)
    1000gb Data Transfer

---

Will most likely go with the CeleronD. Any opinions? Would this do good for a media site? Also how hard is it to manage a server? I've never done it before.

This will probably help you: http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ht=rackmounted

If you never manage a server before, I would recommend you look for managed server.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net
    This will probably help you: http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...ht=rackmounted

If you never manage a server before, I would recommend you look for managed server.
    Hey thanks man thats pretty cool. Looks like I may have found myself a new host.

I just can't really afford to spend the extra $ per month to have it managed. Any tutorials out there or anything like that?

Check google, there are a bunch of tutorials on how to manage your system. Just keep in mind managed is the best way to go as certified technicians will be maintaining your system. What is your max budget?

Thanks. I'm not sure on my budget yet. I guess I'm about to find out. Rackmounted has coupons to get free setup so thats awesome for 1. However I can't afford the server expense + like 70/month to have it managed.

Learning to manage a server on a "hostile" public network is not a wise course of action. Not that it can't be done, but there is a very high likelihood that it will end badly. (your site being hacked, used as a phishing site to defraud consumers, service being suspended, etc)

Eric
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Quote Originally Posted by spaethco
    Learning to manage a server on a "hostile" public network is not a wise course of action. Not that it can't be done, but there is a very high likelihood that it will end badly. (your site being hacked, used as a phishing site to defraud consumers, service being suspended, etc)

Eric
    How could tyhe site get hacked if you use Plesk to manage it and it housed in a seucre data center?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles6
    Thanks. I'm not sure on my budget yet. I guess I'm about to find out. Rackmounted has coupons to get free setup so thats awesome for 1. However I can't afford the server expense + like 70/month to have it managed.
    Hey Bojangles wondering where you saw the coupons?