West Coast VPS Provider ?

Been a while since I asked last. Is anyone aware of a vps provider on the west coast that offers cpanel/virutuozzo with some management?
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

I believe dotable will be offering VPSes soon...they are in Carier Center LA through CorporateColo.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Thanks for the info layer0 - anyone else have other recommendations? And does anyone know why a westcoast vps is so hard to find? Almost seems like an untapped market ...

Quote Originally Posted by kelownatech
    Thanks for the info layer0 - anyone else have other recommendations? And does anyone know why a westcoast vps is so hard to find? Almost seems like an untapped market ...
    I don't think there's much of a reason to be honest...nothing actually wrong with the west coast...oh and I actually just remembered another - www.spry.com - I think they're in seattle.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

nice - never heard of them though, going to start a search for any reviews. Do you happen to know what if any management they offer?

Do you happen to know what if any management they offer?
    That would be a question for Spry sales to get a proper answer
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelManual
    That would be a question for Spry sales to get a proper answer
    And I shall ask

Their vps are not the true root access vps.
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

Their vps are not the true root access vps.
    Please explain

They're hard to find because there aren't many and the few there are don't spend much time here at WHT. Also, VPS providers here on the West coast just seem to be smaller with less exposure.

Spry has been around about as long as we have. They used to be (maybe still are) one of the "GoDaddy's" of hosting back in 1999. That is, if they're related to Sprynet. If not, I have the two confused.

Spry's datacenter is in the Westin building in Seattle. They'll tell you that it's all roses and happiness to be hosted there, but in reality, it sits directly on top of the largest fault line in Seattle. If your stuff isn't mission critical, then that won't matter, though. You'll probably have no problems with the network until something gets a good shaking.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by advantagecom
    Spry's datacenter is in the Westin building in Seattle. They'll tell you that it's all roses and happiness to be hosted there, but in reality, it sits directly on top of the largest fault line in Seattle.
    Your biggest argument against a data center is that a large scale natural disaster could interrupt service? That's going to pretty much eliminate every DC when you factor in hurricanes, floods, tornados, and fire. Not to mention plane crashes, train derailments (most of the fiber in the US is run right next to rail lines, because it was easier to negotiate property rights with a small collection of companies that owned the land nationwide), and regional power grid failures (resulting in logistical impossibilities for refueling generators).

If absolute uptime is required for your site, then planning on a single data center is a gamble which will ultimately result in failure. Geographical separation and redundancy is the only proven method to achieve that goal, and even that isn't a 100% solution.

Eric
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Your biggest argument against a data center is that a large scale natural disaster could interrupt service? That's going to pretty much eliminate every DC when you factor in hurricanes, floods, tornados, and fire. Not to mention plane crashes, train derailments (most of the fiber in the US is run right next to rail lines, because it was easier to negotiate property rights with a small collection of companies that owned the land nationwide), and regional power grid failures (resulting in logistical impossibilities for refueling generators).
    When it costs no more to go with a facility that isn't directly exposed to known major threats, why wouldn't you?

Nobody can be completely immune to every type of event, but if you can see a big truck is barreling down the freeway are you going to go stand in front of it?
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by advantagecom
    When it costs no more to go with a facility that isn't directly exposed to known major threats, why wouldn't you?
    It's all about perspective; in a Discovery channel special about earthquakes the Seattle fault line is going to be a big deal. Same with most of CA, Memphis, St Louis, and a bunch of other major metropolitan areas. In the grand scheme of things, we're talking about leasing CPU time on a hosted server -- not scouting sites for the sole brick & mortar headquarters of a large business. Since it's a "virtual" service, from an end-user standpoint the response is the same whether it be a power outage, company bankruptcy, or large natural disaster: either let your redundant systems take over the load, or setup at another host by restoring from backups.

That fault could break tomorrow, or it could not have an event in our entire lifetime. That uncertainty shouldn't dissuade you from choosing a provider if they meet your other requirements of product selection, price, and people (ie, friendly knowledgeable staff).

Eric
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Good points about west coast having an earthquake risk, but with regular backups and my other east coast vps's I dont feel too uncomfortable.

If anyone here has or has been with spry, please input. And if anyone has a current vps located west coast, please feel free to chime in.

Been a while since I asked last. Is anyone aware of a vps provider on the west coast that offers cpanel/virutuozzo with some management?
    Httpme offers cpanel/virutuozzo with full management.

Httpme offers cpanel/virutuozzo with full management.
    Thanks for that one, but a little low on disk space in the plans :-(