MS Version with Exchange

Hello;

I was wondering if anyone new providers that would supply a Windows Server with Exchange included on it or if you just had to purchase it totally seperate?

Thanks;

Grapple

I know you can get Windows 2003 Server Business Edition not sure if many hosts do it.
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info

Quote Originally Posted by grapple
    Hello;

I was wondering if anyone new providers that would supply a Windows Server with Exchange included on it or if you just had to purchase it totally seperate?

Thanks;

Grapple

I'm sure they could include exchange but it's going to cot like $3000 for the license.

No, it wouldn't cost $3k, SPLA holders can offer it for a per mailbox / subscriber access license.
    James Lumby

licensing for a dedicated server is licensed by the physical CPU. he's not asking for someone to host and give him a couple mailboxesHe'd be installing exchange on the server he's getting

Exchange server 2003 with 25 CAL license is about 1700 bucks per physical CPU (obviously hyperthreaded wouldn't need 2).

Are you talking about something different?
    Last edited by fastnoc; 09-01-2006 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    Are you talking about something different?
    http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/licensing
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Interesting. I've seen that before but always thought it was for the ISP to host the software and allow people to sell of their install. not to install exchange on dedicated servers.

I didn't look to closesly because I already own a license but that's an interesting idea. I guess it would work the same way we pay for monthly use of the O/S. if that's the case I wonder why EV1, ThePlanet, Softlayer or the others don't offer it. Maybe they do but you have to contact them

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    I didn't look to closesly because I already own a license but that's an interesting idea. I guess it would work the same way we pay for monthly use of the O/S. if that's the case I wonder why EV1, ThePlanet, Softlayer or the others don't offer it. Maybe they do but you have to contact them
    A lot of them do actually. Most of the copies of Windows these providers run will be licensed under the SPLA. Additionally, if you contact providers like The Planet you will be able to lease things like MSSQL for a monthly fee or you could go directly to Microsoft and do it yourself.

The SPLA has made offering Hosted Exchange a lot more affordable for small companies but the problem is still with the control panel software to sit on top of Exchange which is fairly expensive. H-Sphere now supports Exchange I believe but I have not tried it out.

- Chris
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Yeah actually that was one of the reasons I figured it wasn't the same. I see them offering MSSQL but never seen one advertise Exchange.

I've got an enterprise SQL license and an Enterprise Exchange license. man i almost wish I didn't have them now. I bet it's not too bad to do it monthly and you don't have to renew service agreements etc.