Cpanel question.....

I have a cpanel dedicated server... you know how when you are logged into the server as root in WHM... if you click on "create a new account"... on the "create a new account" page at the very bottom there are two seperate settings which you can choose to checkmark:

The first one is called "reseller".

The second one is called "owner (only if reseller)".

By default the second setting has a checkmark next to it. What does that mean? I do NOT have any resellers on my server. I only host regular accounts. Therefore shouldn't I leave BOTH of those settings un-checked?

These two options "reseller" and "owner (only if reseller)" are only applicable if you are creating a reseller account.

You can create a reseller account by checking the first option.
    By checking the second option, you can give the ownership of the account to that reseller itself.
    So the second option is applicable only if the first option is checked(thats is if the account created is a reseller account). You needn't worry about this option when you are creating regular accounts...
    SupportExpertz.com - the name says it all!
    Managed Cloud Servers
    Server Management and Monitoring
    24x7 outsourced customer support

I see thanks... so I should have BOTH un-checked in that case since I am only hosting regular accounts and no resellers.

How come by default the first option is un-checked but the second option is checked?

That is rather odd in that case that by default my server check marks the second option? Is it supposed to be like that?

Where can I correct this so that by default both are un-checked in that case?

I hope that sicne the second option is checked by default that I'm not accidentally creating reseller accounts instead of regular accounts?
    Last edited by Frosty; 08-31-2006 at 07:35 PM.

It's checked by default because in most cases when the first one is checked, you usually want the second checked too. If the first one is not checked, the second one makes no difference one way or the other.
    Mike
    cPanel/WHM scripts at Premier Website Solutions (all your website needs)
    Support young figure skaters in training. juniorskaters.com

I see thanks =)

So I can dis-regard it in that case... I see that the second option is only applicable if the first option is checked. Sorry, I missed reading that in the previous post above.

I know the first option is checked to create a reseller account of course, however when checking the second option as well... what does it mean exactly to give a reseller "ownership"?

Reseller account's space / bandwidth will count against his resource limits with the ownership being - themselves. Without that, you could give your resellers some specific resources on top of their resold ammount.
    BLUETRIDENT.NET - Reliable Shared, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions Provider
    Managed Hosting with Personal Service
    Highspeed Content Servers, Lighttpd, Ruby on Rails, Cluster Servers & Rich Web Application Hosting

Also, if the reseller owns his account, he/she has control of it. Otherwise you control it.
    Mike
    cPanel/WHM scripts at Premier Website Solutions (all your website needs)
    Support young figure skaters in training. juniorskaters.com