Smile Back from Niagara-on-the-Lake

At least once every year, my wife and I head up to the Niagara region for a little vacationing and to replenish our wine racks. This year didn't disappoint! We came home after five days with 4-1/2 cases of wine, a couple nice tans and some more great memories.

I highly recommend taking a long weekend in the area if you're not too far away to drive. We spent a day in Toronto too (and had some of the best lasagna ever, courtesy of our friend Vito ).
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Sounds like you had a good time Paul.

My wife and I are actually headed down that way for the long weekend. We are going to be staying in the Mennonite area a bit north of there and possibly traveling down that way one of the days.

I have been down there before, its a beautiful area forsure.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm
    At least once every year, my wife and I head up to the Niagara region for a little vacationing and to replenish our wine racks. This year didn't disappoint! We came home after five days with 4-1/2 cases of wine, a couple nice tans and some more great memories.

I highly recommend taking a long weekend in the area if you're not too far away to drive. We spent a day in Toronto too (and had some of the best lasagna ever, courtesy of our friend Vito ).
    Shoulda let me know! I'm 10 mins from there, it's nice down here. I love it.

Greg, we actually stayed at a B&B two blocks away from the local Mennonite church in Niagara-on-the-Lake, though I don't think NOTL has an overwhelming Mennonite population (conversely, where I live - Canton, Ohio - we have a huge Mennonite and Amish population). If you like wine, you won't be disappointed. If you like beautiful countryside, you won't be disappointed either.

Adam, where exactly do you live? We were in the Toronto/Mississauga/Brampton areas. I know we were pretty close to a lot of people, and one of these days, we'll make a trip up there just to visit everyone. This time around, we had quality time with Vito planned out in advance
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I am near St Catherines which is about 10 minutes or less from Niagara-on-the-Lake

Really! We drove right through St. Catharines on our way to the Harvest grocery/wine store on Fourth and...some other street (Wellend or Queenston maybe). It was our last day in Canada, and we wanted to hit a couple favorite spots, including Henry of Pelham and Hernder. The store near St. Catharines proper is a Hernder low-end wine store and market. Sound familiar?

It was a pleasure seeing you again, Paul (but the visit was sooooo much more enjoyable given that his lovely new bride Amy was present )

I'm glad you enjoyed the lasagna, and I'm relieved to hear Amy didn't get sick from the clam chowder!!

Happy to have you in my home anytime you're in the area.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Seems like you had lots of fun with vito , i'll probably be in Canada in few years!!!
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, this was my birthday weekend too

Amy spoiled me rotton. In addition to purchasing about 1/3 of the wine, she bought me a 50 bottle capacity wine fridge/cellar, with dual temperature controlled chambers for red and white wine. She also bought me a very nice new grill, and then spent a good penny on a dinner at Peller Estates, which is highly overrated, I'm unhappy to say - we, and the table behind us, sent our main courses back because they were poorly cooked - I'm sure there were others. But the surroundings were wonderful, some of the food was excellent, and if you couldn't tell, we're wine lovers, so it's hard to think of a better place to spend a birthday than at a winery.

Niagara (and Niagara on the Lake of course) have some fantasic Wine Tasting Tours as well. If you plan it right, you can do a fancy-bar hop style Wine Tour

Didn't realize there were so many WHTers from Niagara.

Cheers on the birthday, the_pm!

Sounds like a great trip! Glad you had a good time Paul

Suprised Vito dropped by to post
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I guess I'm going to have to post prior to making this trip next time. Amy and I make our way up to the Niagara region once or twice per year. We're intimately familiar with the area, particularly the wine tour route

Suprised Vito dropped by to post
    The reports of Vito's death are greatly exaggerated

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, this was my birthday weekend too

Amy spoiled me rotton. In addition to purchasing about 1/3 of the wine, she bought me a 50 bottle capacity wine fridge/cellar, with dual temperature controlled chambers for red and white wine. She also bought me a very nice new grill, and then spent a good penny on a dinner at Peller Estates, which is highly overrated, I'm unhappy to say - we, and the table behind us, sent our main courses back because they were poorly cooked - I'm sure there were others. But the surroundings were wonderful, some of the food was excellent, and if you couldn't tell, we're wine lovers, so it's hard to think of a better place to spend a birthday than at a winery.
    That sucks to hear because when I was there it was excellent, hopefully they get back on the ball and fix whatever the problem is. But they do have a nice setting, and the wine tasting is excellent.