Cpanel backup software (win)

I few days I go I found a software to do local backups of a cpanel account through a windows application, unfortunately, I was not intelligent enough to bookmark it.
    Anybody know about a software like that?

I think that I found the link to it here, but I was searching over and over, and can't found it.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

You must be talking about this : http://www.cpsitesaver.com ( I enjoy the photos in testimonials )

Another interesting resource would be http://www.resellerbackup.com/ (not specific to Cpanel)
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing
      0 Not allowed!

Yes!! thank you very much!
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

Has anyone used it? Does cpsitesaver tax the server resources during the backup process? Any usage comments?
      0 Not allowed!

I've always used cron jobs to do the cpanel backups but that requires another server to push the backups to of course.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sonixi
    Does cpsitesaver tax the server resources during the backup process?
    The software just connects to the server normally as anyone would do manually logging in to Cpanel and clicking the Backup link. After that, the usual backup process begins by downloading that backup file to your local drive which is again quite normal (and recommended) in every hosting account.

The only difference is that the software automates the process for you on your specific time and date so you will not forget to backup. Given that users can also schedule backup once daily, weekly or monthly, it should not be taxing to the server.
    Don't Lose Your Website Ever Again!
    Backup All Your Domains and MySQL Databases Automatically
    Grab this Website Backup Software today.
      0 Not allowed!

So it does the same as you can with a script and using WGET? Just made all nice and easy with an interface?
      0 Not allowed!

How is this different than the backup in WHM?
      0 Not allowed!

Does the backup in WHM download to your local drive? AFAIK cpsiteserver is on your local machine and downloads the backup to your local machine
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky12
    How is this different than the backup in WHM?
    Ill answer that one, or atleast attempt to.

In reality it isn't any different from using the one you are talking about. However, this software downloads the backup to your hard drive.
      0 Not allowed!

Can the software do Full Site Backups? It looks like it only does the "Home Directory" and Database Backups.
    KABAM.net - Website Development and Internet Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by enis
    Ill answer that one, or atleast attempt to.

In reality it isn't any different from using the one you are talking about. However, this software downloads the backup to your hard drive.
    You are correct "enis".

CPsitesaver downloads files in your local harddrive so you can get it and restore it anytime on any server you have your domain on. The backup in WHM is on a secondary drive on the save server.

To be able to retrieve your backup files there (WHM), you need to have admin rights /root access (or have to ask your host for it) whereas CPSitesaver makes available the backup files for you on your local machine.

That's the difference.

Hope this helps.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kabam
    Can the software do Full Site Backups? It looks like it only does the "Home Directory" and Database Backups.
    Yes you are right, it doesn't grab full site backups.

However, the Home Directory and MySQL database backups that CPSitesaver grabs are normally enough to restore your website to its original state at the time of backup.

Hope this helps.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cpsitesaver.com
    Yes you are right, it doesn't grab full site backups.

However, the Home Directory and MySQL database backups that CPSitesaver grabs are normally enough to restore your website to its original state at the time of backup.

Hope this helps.
    I agree. While there is a more comprehensive backup system in Cpanel for the customer to backup their own site... it is not automated. Very few people will go in there daily to backup their sites.

It seems like cpsitesaver will do backups of html and mysql on a schedule, and do them automatically. That is the winning feature of this software, I believe.

Plus, it is good to have your own backup. In a recent restore, we found that about 2% of cpanel backup files were somehow corrupted. Don't know if it was cpanel's fault or something else... doesn't matter. What matters is, the host may have a backup of your site that is not functional. It's good to have a second backup.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sonixi

It seems like cpsitesaver will do backups of html and mysql on a schedule, and do them automatically.
    This is confirmed. You can set it for automatic backup for home directory and all your MYSQL databases to daily, weekly, so many times a week or monthly up to the exact hour, minute and second you want it to happen. It follows your computer clock as point of reference.

Scheduling is yours and if its not right, you can edit it as well to set to a new time.

Hope this helps.
      0 Not allowed!

I've always used cron jobs to do the cpanel backups but that requires another server to push the backups to of course.
    No it doesn't
    You can have cron simply backup to a secondary hard drive. Of course, a remote server is OPTIMAL , but you don't need one to back up to
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details
      0 Not allowed!