cpanel alabanza account move errors

I have a server at Alabanza running the Alabanza control panel. I want to move everything from that server to a cpanel one at Sago.

If you go into the WHM, there is this tool to transfer sites from Alabanza to cPanel. This changes all the config to match the cPanel stuff, among other things.

For some reason, when I run this thing, it doesn't work. It gives the following error:

Timeout while packaging ...
    a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive

Now, I know that its running on the SSH thing, because I "top" on alabanza and see the gzip/tar stuff packaging the site. Then it just fails.

I've got 450 sites to move, and I would love for it to be done with this soon so I'm not paying for all these servers. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried moving one account at a time? Try doing one, then you can do multiple accounts.. but only do 5-6 and increase the number until you find a good amount to do at a time.

Yea, I did try moving one at a time. Its odd, because there is a seperate script that will only move one, and it works, but when I use the "copy multiple" script it fails (even if I am only usingh it to copy one).

I would do two things,
    (1) contact Cpanel and they will help you figure out what is wrong.
    (2) re-think the purchase with Sagonet as that was one of the worst providers I have ever delt with. Simply horrible.

Unfortunetly, cPanel won't deal directly with me since I didn't purchase the license from them.

Now, as far as reconsidering my purchase goes- I've had this server for about a year now. I've had a total of 30 minutes downtime that I can blame Sago for (while they updated some routers), and all the other downtime issues were due to problems I was responsible for. Whenever I've called Sago up, which is often in the earliest hours of the morning, I've gotten a tech on the phone withen two rings.

When I send them emails for support, I get responses extremely fast. They've even been lenient when my company forgot to pay them for a month.

Fast customer service, decent prices, reliable network- what, exactly, is the problem with them? Perhaps when you say things like "worst providers" and "simple horrible" you could back that claim up with actual reasons, as that would be more helpful than just randomly insulting a provider, or better yet you can leave that crap where it belongs and stick with the topic (ie, actually helping me solve a problem instead of just using it as an excuse to complain).

If Cpanel will not support their product, use a different control panel.

Oh, I'm such a fanboy for cPanel though. Even if I can't get the "move multiple accounts" thing working, I can still do it one at a time, and having used alabanaza (insert reeching noises) and plesk, I'm happy with cPanel.

Sago put in a ticket with cPanel and we're just waiting on a response at this point.

I can understand why they won't deal with me- they sold the licence to Sago, who sold it to me, so they want me to go through them- the same why I bought a server from Sago, and my hosting clients go through me for support instead of directly to Sago.

Thanks for your kind words, tedivm.