Switching providers, need recomendations!

Hey guys! I currently have a few boxes spread among various providers, but I have three of my main servers with 800Hosting.com. My experience with them from the beginning hasn't been great, so I'm looking to move two of these boxes somewhere else.

I run a few very resource intense sites, and I need bandwidth (preferrably 1800-2000 GB/M). I'm willing to pay a few bucks more for a system that is reliable and can handle the load, and for a company who is prompt with support replies. I outsource to a great management firm (platinumservermanagement.com - can't say enough good things about them), so I'm looking for an unmanaged solution.

A couple of things I'd like recomended:

Processor: Is a Dual Xeon all it's cracked up to be, or would I be better off with a Dual Opteron?

Load Times: I find the boxes I'm using give insanely slow load times while WHM is showing low usage on all resources. What piece of hardware specifically should I be looking at to alleviate this problem? CPU or RAM?

RAM: Is one gig ever enough?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Dual Xeon and Dual Opteron are both good or bad depending on what you are doing and who you talk to. Both good and any differance is very small, more ram and faster hard drives will make a differance.

Go with the opterons for sure, they will out perform the Xeons big time.

Check out this article that has a bench mark of a bunch of high end processors:

Shows bench marking scores for load tests using MySQL to do selects and inserts from and to a database.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2003/04/...ns/page18.html

I'm kind of perplexed as to why you're asking WHT what to do about your page load times, rather than PSM. How are we supposed to know without looking at your current server?

Now selling BigVPS's!
    Jacksonville Colocation and dedicated servers by colo4jax
    We are *not* a reseller. We own our servers, switches, routers and racks.

Quote Originally Posted by tical
    I'm kind of perplexed as to why you're asking WHT what to do about your page load times, rather than PSM. How are we supposed to know without looking at your current server?
    I have no idea what PSM is, and a PM I received from a user here with some advice about Apache seems to have solved my issue, so I'm pleased with my choice to post it here.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

I would look at a woodcrest server over at SL. They are amazingly fast, and much better than opertons. Pretty cheap as well...