Angry layeredtech support can't read

I have been going back and forth over email for a day now, waiting for hours each time only to get a reply from a tech support who clearly hasn't even READ the ticket before replying.

This is becoming a pattern with LT: I get a series of aggravatingly stupid replies before the issue gets escalated to someone intelligent.

Can anyone recommend an *unmanaged* provider with reasonably intelligent support? To preempt certain kinds of replies, I am perfectly capable of managing my servers, I'm talking about hardware or network issues that are out of my control.

Pay a bit more and go with SoftLayer
    Centation Web Services
    Bristol based web design
    Offering website design, SEO, website hosting, website development and domain registration.

do you have any specific geographic requirements?
    Tim M./ Krypt.com a division of VPLS,Inc.
    Find us on Facebook!!
    Office: 866-616-9099 x9090 Fax: 866-599-9593

A little more information on your server specs, O/S and control panel, and pricing requirements/budget would probably be helpful for people recommending a new provider for you...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

It's strange, that we have got around 16 boxes for us and our customers and never had such problems with them. If the case was serious, did you tried to contact them over the phone?

uvhost, I've tried the number on that website, but it doesn't get through to anyone at tech support. Do you have a contact number you can send me?

adabok, I'd suggest contacting Jeremy, he goes by LTADMIN on these forums. I'm sure he'll do his best to help you out.... He's always generous with his time and quite helpful
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

go with voxrox.com

Quote Originally Posted by PixelManual
    adabok, I'd suggest contacting Jeremy, he goes by LTADMIN on these forums. I'm sure he'll do his best to help you out.... He's always generous with his time and quite helpful
    It sounds like the original poster is looking for another company with competent support channels, not for another means of support at LayeredTech. To suggest that the original poster should use a public forum as a way to hold this company's feet to the fire is a slap in the face, if nothing else.

To the OP, good luck in your search.

Now selling BigVPS's!
    Jacksonville Colocation and dedicated servers by colo4jax
    We are *not* a reseller. We own our servers, switches, routers and racks.

Quote Originally Posted by adabok
    uvhost, I've tried the number on that website, but it doesn't get through to anyone at tech support. Do you have a contact number you can send me?
    Tical, instead of your mindless posting, how about reading what the OP says just before my response. It appears he is still interested in contacting them, and by these forums is a method I know of.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.