Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Webhostplus Clients

Just like all of you, I got the dreaded email saying that my 2 sites are gone and no backup is available to restore them. I'm curiuous what your next step will be. Mine is cancelling my services ASAP and moving to a host that actually does a backup. I can't believe the idiots are offering me a month free as compensation for losing all my data and hundreds of hours of work. I'm hoping everyone else affected takes their business elsewhere.

We are getting an avalanche of ex-netbunch customers, what happened?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Unfortunatly I was on a years subscription, but I have cancelled it and am on a new server already. I took a backup of all sites last week when they were up and down like a yoyo so its just gruntwork for me to get them all back and running the way they were. Guess the best thing is to cut your losses and post on all similar forums to avoid them like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    .... other than 16 boxes getting hacked/wiped, the usual.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Jedito see the below threads

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...89#post4077789

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...=540957&page=3

Basically they wiped all servers with no backups available for most people. They are saying they were hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by abrown1982

Basically they wiped all servers with no backups available for most people. They are saying they were hacked.
    Seems like a nightmare for all the customers, hopefully most of the customers have an up to date backup.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by abrown1982

Ouch, stupid me, now I just realized where they were comming from.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Yikes, I wish you much luck with your next host!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito

Yeah, here too.

Does anyone know if there are any backups being restored or coming soon...or are they just "gone"?? We're getting conflicting reports from incoming customers - so we don't know if we should continue to try to get the data for them, or just give it up?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

All we have is that alot of the backups are gone, for all we know its all of them or only a few.

I don't think anything can be considered reliable in regards to the information. I just think it is unfortunate that there are lots of people whom host sites that bring in a portion or all of thei income and those lives have been impacted.

Regarding the backups I think it would be safe to say they are gone as well. It sounds like who ever was in these servers had root access. That is just speculation though.

After dealing with WHP for quite a while now I am totally convinced that the whole email is a scam on their part.

I can understand one server being attacked, but all of them?

Anyway I am sure the server I was on is perfectly safe, simply because I don't think it is possible to attack an offline server (unless someone walks into the datacenter with a bit axe )

Folks, if you don't have a backup you have no option than to start from scratch.

And if you do then why haven't you moved yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Webberzone
    I can understand one server being attacked, but all of them?
    It's fairly common for bots to try to exploit entire IP ranges, I see no reason to doubt their reasoning.
    David
    Fused

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    Yeah, here too.

Does anyone know if there are any backups being restored or coming soon...or are they just "gone"?? We're getting conflicting reports from incoming customers - so we don't know if we should continue to try to get the data for them, or just give it up?

--Tina

As far as I know, nothing has been left there.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com