Thread: hsphere vps

hsphere vps

I've been looking for a while now, and not really seen anything that caught my eye.

Does anyone know of any VPS providers that provide support for hsphere. Most i have seen offer cpanel/plesk packages and offer support for those control panels. Either way I will be using hsphere, but would prefer to go with a provider that can offer support for that control panel.

However...i am not willing to sacrifice support/quality for this feature.

I'm not set on a certain amount of space/bandwidth at the moment as i'm just going to be messing around with it for the first couple of months to get a feel for things before i actually start offering hosting

the two places i'm looking at right now are powervps and knownhost, both there prices are decent, though i think i like powervps better because they offer more ips.

So anyone know an vps providers that can offer support for hsphere that are at/around the price/quality of powervps or knownhost?

hsphere is not designed for a vps that is why you do not see it. If you wish to use hsphere you really need a dedicated, or better yet a few of them to maximize it's capabilities

I was hoping to use a vps with hsphere installed for a few months (no clients) to learn the system, then start offering services until i get maybe 15-30 clients (depending on size of accounts), then transfering to a single dedicated, then to multi boxes when it's needed.

hsphere can do that right?...i'm not planning on overloading the resources at all so i thought hsphere could handle it on a small load/user base.

I am not sure if it can be done. I tried long and hard to get it installed on a vps and it would not work. I was planning to use the vps for template configurations and screwing around/devel stuff.

I think it may have alot to do with how the drive structure is laid out on the vps systems. Last time I tried was about 3-4 months ago and it was a no go. Maybe with 2.5 it will be different

hmm...thanks for that info...guess i'll head on over to psoft and ask them about it

PowerVPS are a great provider, I have used them before for various projects and probably will put my newest H-Sphere NS2 there ... however...

I would suggest Starting with a cheap dedicated server. You can always add a dedicated web box to the cluster later.

The H-Sphere CP part is too resource intensive to run a VPS without alot of tweaking. On a good VPS, you can run the web+dns & maybe mail on a VPS.. but not the whole thing.

Greetings:

See http://www.freevps.com/overview.html

H-Sphere licenses does include VPS capabilities.

That stated, in relation to running H-Sphere on a VPS, our experience is that you can use one or more VPS servers as physical / logical servers within a H-Sphere cluster; but the control panel logical service should be on its own dedicated / co-located server.

Please note H-Sphere allows physical servers within a cluster to be anywhere in the world; they don't have to be in the same data center or rack (though it does work best for web and related mysql / postgresql servers to be in the same network subnet).

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile