DB differences and syntax

What programming I've done in the past has been done with ASP and MS Access databases. I've had a couple of requests to do a website and would use a little db functionality in them. It's hard to find hosting plans that allow Access db's
    (that's another thread for another time and place); so... is there a lot of difference in syntax between ASP using Access and ASP using MySQL?

Would I have to change "loads" of my current ASP code in order for it to function using a MySQL db?

I understand that MySQL is more robust and faster than Access, but the sites I've done with Access work just fine.

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie

ps... I mistakenly posted this in the tutorial section first... would a MOD plz delete that one

the connection string

i think you only will have to modify the connection string or you can say the connection developed at run time .

Central USA
    Access may "work just fine", but it only allows ONE connection at a time. Page requests that are made simultaniously are queued, and visitors have to wait in line for db access. This means that if 2 requests are sent at the same time, one is served, all data requested is retrieved, the connection is closed, and then the second person is served in a similar fashon after all of that. This is the #1 reason Access is slower, and should NEVER be used for ANY type of high-traffic website. SQL databases support and allow simultanious connections and requests for data.

That being said... The differences between the actual SQL INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE code you write are minimal. The most dramatic changes will be in the code to create a new table. Access' TOP will have to be changed to LIMIT for MySQL, and a few other small things. Best thing to do it setup a localhost environment with MySQL, get it to connect to the database, and try out your application. PHP will let you know where the MySQL error are through the 'mysql_error()' function, and you can begin a fix-and-retry process from there.
    InvoiceMore - Online Billing & Invoicing
    phpDataMapper - Object-Oriented PHP5 Data Mapper ORM