Dedicated Unmetered: HiVelocity, OrangeFiber and Voxrox

I am looking for 30mbps unmetered server. After initial research here, I came across three providers, HiVelocity, OrangeFiber and Voxrox. I would like to have a comparison between them (price and service) and recommendations.

United States
    They offer good prices and great services, but each of them is using different bw.
    Search this forum, you will find some good info about them.
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ ::: VINAX, LLC ::: ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

Chicago, IL
    It all depends on what you're looking for. The networks are very different. I believe the HiVelocity and OrangeFiber networks are basically single-homed Cogent for their unmetered "special" pricing, etc. while VoxRox offers a redundant multi-homed configuration. Personally, I would be willing to pay a bit more for the multi-homed setup, but that isn't everyone's opinion, so...
    Last edited by KarlZimmer; 08-30-2006 at 04:01 PM.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

voxrox is absolutely WONDERFUL. Can't go wrong with them!

my vote going to orangefiber

OrangeFiber seems very nice to me . Their uptime , price & support best for me
    ComCities.Com| provide hosting solutions Ė Since 2002
    FLV Enable Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

Orangefiber . network super twt+cogent and soon savvis.
    support very friendly over icq and aim
    they reboot the server for me when its down without me even notice it was down.

once my HDD broken and i was away at other city. when i back i found out my HDD broken--->been recovered --->new hdd installed---> all data running from new hdd and server is online....thats was amazing to see how they handle issues without me as client nagging or report them...they simply found it out and fixed all by them self.

OF is reportedly adding more providers to the mix. So 1 up for OF.

Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by music
    OF is reportedly adding more providers to the mix. So 1 up for OF.
    I'll believe it when I see it, there is alway something "comming soon" and it never happens

I am with Hivelocity now and never have a problem maxing out my server bandwidth. I canít speak for the other companies but I do know Hivelocity rocks!!!

When you are as big as OF it takes time to work things out.

My Mom always told me, "Good things come to those who wait".

Of course HiVelocity is probably also working at bring in other providers.

They are both good.

I would look harder into Orange Fiber [by doing a search on this forum].

As far as who I recommend, I would say try to find someone with multi-homed bandwidth.

I would ask for a quote from, VoxRox, and HostDime
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 09-01-2006 at 02:56 PM.

Scotland, UK
    OrangeFiber - are reasonable.
    Hivelocity - horrible < one of the worst providers around.
    VoxRox - Never used so Can't comment.

colo4jax - have 5x20mbit servers there and 2x50mbit servers there, they are pretty good, never had any real problems but not the best. - very good provider, jon is a nice guy too always willing to help you.

Server Management -
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

New York, NY
    If you're looking for quality, Voxrox would be your choice between those 3.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions

I would personally choose OrangeFiber here. They have helpful support, and great speed.

Have got 2 servers with OrangeFiber and i'd rate them A+++

Liverpool, England, UK.
    Hivelocity have an excellent network and great support. - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002! & - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

My vote goes to Voxrox -- I have 6 50mbps servers there and haven't had serious issues yet. I find 50mbps to be at the nicest pricepoint in terms of cost/mbps and redundancy (i.e. you do NOT want to scramble to find backup bandwidth for your 200mbps unmetered). Sales has been nice to work with in my experience.

I also have 2 50mbps servers at GNAX. Personally, I find the GNAX hardware better as it's more up to date, but the setup times earlier this year weren't great (4 days vs. 1-2 at voxrox). Maybe it's better now, so they could be worth considering.

I don't have any personal experience with any of those companies outside of brief HostingCon interactions, but Karl's right that Voxel advertises a significantly better network of the three. If quality and redundancy are deciding factors, I'd say go with them - if they're totally outside of your budget, go with one of the other two.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach