Business License in Florida?

I seem to have run into a snag. I don't know how to register a Business License for the state of Florida because web hosting doesn't really fall under any of the tax topics.

Anyone know what I can do about this and where to go?

I live in Eastern Orlando.

In the SS-4 form you can just select "other" in section 14 and fill in "web hosting services". We are based out of Florida and this is how we filed for our corporation. I hope this answers your question.

Now, this EID number would be the equivalent to a business license? I'm trying to open a Business bank account and it wants a business license.

Thank you for helping me!

Goleta, CA
    an EIN is an Employer Identification Number and is separate from a business license.

You can find out more about EIN at,00.html

More comprehensive pdf file. Only useful after page 4
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

San Jose, CA.
    A business license more refers to a DBA, Doing Business As statement.

You typicaly go to your local county clerk, fill out the paperwork, and pay the fees.
    They will give you a few copies which will go to different purposes...

You will typically be required to have the DBA published in a public newspaper for 3 months (maybe weeks, I forget) or so... after which they will mail you proof of publication. Your bank will want to see that (or if your county has an online site where the bank can verify the DBA online, they may use that.)

Having the EIN is important... but used for completely different purposes. Your bank will need that # as well. The EIN is as mentioned previously your Employer Identification Number, it's like the Social Security Number for your business.

Well, I just ordered my DBA, so I'll wait for that in the mail and then fax that to them. Thanks!