Web Hosting whith Domain Privacy

I'd like to find a good web hosting (waow..that's original ;-) ...which would include "Domain Privacy" among its features (and possibly free of course..we are all the same!;-)

From my search, I've found:
    BlueHost, HostMonster (as it appears that it's ...BlueHost) and GoDaddy ($5 option)

So:
    (a) from the 3, which one would you recommend to me?
    (b) would you have in mind some other hosters offering "Domain Privacy" (with the same reputation as those last 3)?

Thanks very much,

I believe NameCheap gives you one year of WhoisGuard free when you register a domain with them.
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I don't know about Domain Privacy, but i recommend BlueHost

I go with godaddy's domain name registration (with protection), and get hosting elsewhere..

-Jason
    Have you considered Semi-dedicated Hosting? 4 - 8 accounts per server. Less overhead than VPS, better performance for the price.
    DopeDomains.com - 15,000 New Domains a day. indexed by Pagerank, backlinks, Hits, and Length.

ive just signed up with namecheap and htey do gie a free whois guard for 1 year, i reccomend them

You should sort out your domain name registration first, then go looking for a host. Here's my short list of recommended registrars/resellers:

http://www.dynadot.com <-- $7.99 year + $2.00 for whois privacy
    http://www.stargate.com
    http://www.moniker.com
    http://www.namecheap.com
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

Quote Originally Posted by MysticServer
    I go with godaddy's domain name registration (with protection), and get hosting elsewhere..

-Jason
    That is a good advice; the rule is to *never* get the domain registration from your web host.

As to Registrars, I would also recommend Namecheap

PS: I see the above poster recommends HostGator. Well I could support that advice also since I have a bunch of sites with them and no problems.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Dreamhost has domain privacy for 9.95 $US a year.

Thanks very much for your advices!

I'll do like that: namecheap + hostgator

Thanks again ;-)

There are manny registars that will offer the service you need for free, make a search on google or here, that will help.

Regards,
    www.hostingbug.co.uk - Hosting BUG - UK
    - WebHosting Services and Domain Name Registration -
    Sales Department::: sales@hostingbug.co.uk - 30 Day Money back guarantee + 24/7 support

Most hosts offer this service, but they don't advertise it. Just ask and they can tell you their fee. This type of setup is becoming more and more popular, and will be offered more readily in the near future. The only registrar that I know that offers it up front and without special request is ait domains.

Christopher
    Christopher J Smallwood
    Gay-Owned Web Hosting with 10% Donated to Youth!
    VertuHost Web Hosting Solutions

I would recommend registering the domain at Namecheap, they include 1 year of free privacy option.

Register the domain separate from the hosting

I would not be looking for a host with this feature, but a Domain Registrar. Then you can have the pick of all webhost for hosting. There in no need to do it all in one place if you can do it cheaper with 2 services. ( Plus I think the idea of having your domain registered with your host is a bad idea, too many times people come here complaining about how there host is holding there domain hostage, etc. Where if they are separate to begin with it will never be an issue. )

So for domains I use:
    GoDaddy
    Enom
    Directi
    NameCheap ( currently my fav )

For hosting I would look at:
    Bluehost.com
    hostgator.com
    ixwebhosting.com
    steadfast.net
    verticalhost.com

I would suggest finding a Domain Name Registrar that is accredited by ICANN and not reselling domains through another registrar.

And, keep your domain names with one company and your webhosting with another.

If a host is offering a 'free' registration, I would take advantage of it (after making sure that you have complete control over the domain. Then I would switch it to Namecheap well before I was thinking of closing my account with that host.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormouse
    If a host is offering a 'free' registration, I would take advantage of it (after making sure that you have complete control over the domain. Then I would switch it to Namecheap well before I was thinking of closing my account with that host.
    You would get a year free, however you would need to wait 60 days until you could transfer the new domain name. Even then why not just pay the year with a company you know is going to give you good service and support?

Quote Originally Posted by comm
    You would get a year free, however you would need to wait 60 days until you could transfer the new domain name. Even then why not just pay the year with a company you know is going to give you good service and support?
    I said to switch well before I was going to close the account (if the account continues most of these offers pay the domain renewal, so there is no need to switch if you are happy).
    The reason for not paying the year with a proper registrar is to save money. Only a bit of money to be sure, but then the OP is talking about budget hosts.

Ah, ok. I missed that, sorry.

If I had one domain name, that would work well. If I had mutiple, like I do now. I stick to a company that I know well and that have competitive products and pricing.