Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I got through to billing and they said that there servers "had been hacked". They had no other information and would not transfer me to anyone else.

How are you getting in touch with netbunch when their own site is down?

I called Web Host Plus and selected the billing option. That is when they said all the netbunch servers "had been hacked". 201-520-1800 is the number.

I don't believe them to be hacked. I think there is a big problem in their own structure.

I upload all my web sites to another server. Netbunch or any thing else, they are without honour in my mind.

Get well soon, OKAN

Quote Originally Posted by asellars
    I called Web Host Plus and selected the billing option. That is when they said all the netbunch servers "had been hacked". 201-520-1800 is the number.
    you can view locked/unlocked(active) status from

www.whois.sc/yourdomainname.com

Write your own domain and open this address in browser. You can see the status of domain and admin of the domain.

If you actual have admin address and the domain is actine(unlocked) you can transfer it, otherwise you have to contact the admin/registrant of that domain.

You can't unlock domain from cpanel, cpanel only manages server settings.

Sorry, I'm not buying any of the whp continuing lies.

Yesterday when I saw that 65.75.190.95 tracert ended at whp.da.da.da (nj data center), my first thought was wondering how much money they got for the sale of this collection of servers, hard drives and memory ;-) Or they might have been seized by the courts.

In any case, its a great excuse to now cheat everyone, not just those that requested a refund.

Are these folks in the country legally? Oh never mind ;-)

-larry

www.netbunch.com web site ip up now

"they are working with the FBI?"

If so, the FBI and law enforcement must be stupid, WHP are nothing but criminals, just search for a user "WHPinvestigator" and read the post, case closed.

Only their own selling websites that are back up at the moment. Evreything else is still down.

http://www.netbunch.com/?v=uptime/status

We got the same message in their reply to our trouble ticket... "Our servers were wiped...." As soon as my boss comes in, we're going elsewhere.

They have backups

Well, if the servers were "wiped"... they have backups of everything, so once they get the servers loaded, and config, they "should" be able to restore most web sites they were hosting, right?

One would think that, and one would also think that it wouldn't take 24 hours plus to manage to restore thse backups.

This is a quote directly from netbunch's TOS:

Back-Up Files: We perform routine daily backups of all users' data. Netbunch.com is not responsible for any user's data and all user's are encouraged to perform their own daily backups. If a user experiences data loss due to their own doing, Netbunch.com will charge a one-time $10 data restoration fee per incident that requires a restore of backup to the user's account.
    They 'perform routine daily backups'...that's a good thing, no? Could the backups have been wiped too?

Dear Client:
    Last night there was an attack on the Netbunch servers. Some of the server got hacked and were completely erased. We are currently working with our best administrators and security experts to have the servers restored. On certain servers the backups were attacked as well resulting in deletion of data. If you site is down and you have backup of your data, PLEASE open a trouble ticket requesting your account to be recreated on a new and secured server. WebHostPlus would like to assure all clients that all necessary measures is been taken to find the person responsible and take legal action.

Thank you,
    WebHostPlus

Fing murphy

And you know, on Sunday night I said to myself, I should backup my web site to my local HD....because I haven't done that in awhile.

Doh!

If they don't have backups that they can restore, that will really, really, suck. I would expect the backups to be elsewhere (not on same servers).

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Because of all the downtime in the past month I backed up, and instructed my users to do the same around 4 days ago. Glad I did now.

Funny how their own sites are all back up and working fine, no loss of data or backups there.

I have infact bought a new host, set up my own personal dns, redirected my domain and got my new site back up and running in the time netbunch has been down today. Anyone who keeps backups on the same machine as the data they are backing up is a total fool.

I think the info we've seen pretty much shows that they were not hacked, more likely kicked out of their datacenter or unplugged. And it would seem that they never bothered to take off-site backups, claiming that their backups were also hacked is a rather lame excuse.

Ok, I got the same replies from netbunch, about the server hacks, etc. So it is true
    They say "open a trouble ticket requesting your account to be recreated on a new and secured server"
    Has anyone done this yet? What information do they need, or can they gather all that from the support ticket? Has anyone's account been successfully recreated yet?

Oh, and I did specifically ask about the backups...they gave me no further information on this matter

traceformer,

Just because they say they were hacked does not make it true. Hacking is covered in the terms and conditions of most hosts for something which is outwith their control and they therefor do not need to compensate anyone for. Whereas if they have a problem with their suppliers or equipment then thats all their fault and it would be refunds/compensation all round.

I know which story I would give out if I were them.

Yeah, 16 servers formatted hard drives with no chance to take a backup? Impossible unless there was physical access. WHP makes it sound like they've contacted the FBI-- I have a feeling its more like the FBI tracked WHP down.

abrown,

I'm not too concerned with the backups...I backed up my database last week and my files are on my HD (I may be missing about 1000 old images which I can hopefully locate on my old external HD). I just want to know when I can expect to be back up and running on my 'recreated account'.

I'm pretty sure the FBI won't care about this matter, and the clients of netbunch don't particularly care about 'hunting the perpetrator down'. We just want our sites back up

Ive abandoned my old account. All im going to do is probably waste my time asking for a refund, then forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tranceformer
    I'm pretty sure the FBI won't care about this matter, and the clients of netbunch don't particularly care about 'hunting the perpetrator down'. We just want our sites back up
    That's true, although WHPInvestigator has posted about a number of ongoing lawsuits involving them and the companies they ripped off (1planhost, netbunch, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by abrown1982
    Ive abandoned my old account. All im going to do is probably waste my time asking for a refund, then forget about it.
    Same here, I'm just trying to get my domain name back though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast