Voice Verification

We're new in the WHT business, noticed it's become popular that new hosting customer registration process taking place always involves calling customer phone and voice verification, as a way to prevent fraud stated by most hosting company.

Wonder why voice verification is necessary and what kind fraud is common in WHT business. Thanks for any advice.

I think if your accepting raw credit card information as a payment method then I would more entitled to call the owner of the card and make sure they were placing the order. But I think it is still a good practice to get into just because it shows that your being professional about the sale.

What exactly is this "WHT business" that you keep mentioning?

Quote Originally Posted by websitenuke
    Wonder why voice verification is necessary and what kind fraud is common in WHT business. Thanks for any advice.
    I wrote an article on this in Ping! Zine. It is necessary because a fraudster usually won't put their real phone numbers in the phone number field (maybe a pre-paid phone, but thats why you limit it to be landlines) So the generally idea is to call the customer and confirm their order, yes also verify that the phone number is correct.

If you were a fraudster, would you really put your real contact number?
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

WHT is the bizness baby!
    Sounds like VarilogiX FraudCall
    Zach E. - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256