Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CNN accidentally transmits anchor’s bathroom conversation over Bush’s speech

Anyone watched CNN today? As President Bush was making a speech on Katrina’s anniversary, CNN’s anchor Kyra Phillips provided the sound as she accidentally left her wireless mic on while taking a bathroom break. Her microphone was broadcasted live for over a minute and a half as she was criticizing members of her family to a fellow bathroom visitor.

Article: http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...691242100.html

Funny stuff.

If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Well we all know she'll get fired for a mistake the sound guy made :-P*
    ••• Edrick Smith •••
    ••• C47 Hosting LLC | Media Centric High Demand Web Services •••

Oh.... I know that lady feels like crap....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Well, something like that doesn't happen every day. Too bad I missed it on TV.
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I bet christmas dinner with the family is going to be a little strained this year at their house ......

Damn! That's got to suck.

lol ouch......

Never say anything behind someone's back that you wouldn't say to their face.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    Never say anything behind someone's back that you wouldn't say to their face.
    Very true. I am sure she feels very bad about it now.

Ouch... imagine how she feels now. Atleast she never gave her name.

I worked in live broadcast tv, technical directing nightly newscasts, for 10 years and I have to say that is pretty funny.

Those big mess ups do happen though...I doubt she will get in trouble but I would HATE to be that audio guy.

The thing that amazes is me is that no one caught it and it went on for that long...WOW.

I agree with VertexBilly. You would expect someone was going to get that lady and fix the microphone .. 4minutes of live audio from the bathroom?
    Very strange that the 'live feed' wasn't stopped right away.
    zenndex - custom website design & unique templates- zenndex.com
    Only one chance to make a first impression ... Give your website a unique look

Quote Originally Posted by zenndex
    I agree with VertexBilly. You would expect someone was going to get that lady and fix the microphone .. 4minutes of live audio from the bathroom?

However was controlling the audio should have muted her microphone. I'm sure the reporter was told to never just turn off her microphone. When you do that and your channel is not muted it will make a fairly large pop in the recording or broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by zenndex
    Why do you assume it was an accident? News Media Stations pull publicity stunts all the time.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

It reminds me of my days in college radio. I was a board op and the person on the mike thought it was turned off and tooted on the air. Since it was a college station only heard in the parking lot, no one called in!
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Would have been a lot funnier had she let out a nice noisy one on the potty with some remark about how long she's been holding that one in...lol... well, considering who was speaking on TV at the time anyway..

Brother's wife must be mad I wonder what most people thought when watching the speech, who's that talking?
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks • All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates • 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! • I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by VertexBilly
    I worked in live broadcast tv, technical directing nightly newscasts, for 10 years and I have to say that is pretty funny.

Those big mess ups do happen though...I doubt she will get in trouble but I would HATE to be that audio guy.

The thing that amazes is me is that no one caught it and it went on for that long...WOW.
    Has no one watched The Naked Gun?

She pulled a Leslie
    Check out Twelveoclock.net. And please check out our forums for fun Animation/Technology talk

Quote Originally Posted by Neil V
    Has no one watched The Naked Gun?

She pulled a Leslie

Great refrence!! Wouldn't have thought of that in a million years!!

The sad/funny part is that she is a 4 time Emmy award winner and now the first thing people think of when they hear her name is going to be "The bathroom microphone girl!"
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

It could have been much worse. I'm thinking of the scene in the ladies' room at Princeton in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled
    It could have been much worse. I'm thinking of the scene in the ladies' room at Princeton in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.
    hahaha! I thought of the same thing.... atleast im not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by pixelized
    Why do you assume it was an accident? News Media Stations pull publicity stunts all the time.
    You could be right, but still, I don't see that happening in the country where I live.
    Then again, this is america, so a well thought publicity stunt could be it.
    zenndex - custom website design & unique templates- zenndex.com
    Only one chance to make a first impression ... Give your website a unique look

I love it how it's on youtube within hours of it happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast