Very few offering JSP Reseller Hosting...?

JSP and Java have been proven to be efficient server side tools yet there are few organizations offering JSP Reseller Hosting services. Does anyone know why?

By the way I am happy with my provider-- when I was looking I didn't find many...

JSP = memory/CPU hog.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@] today!

Even though JSP looks like script in the html page -- it is actually a server side binary [servlet]. Binary and excutables are more efficient server side. PHP and forums are very resource intensive... these are memory and cpu "hogs"...

There must be another explanation.... Most people do not want the overhead of maintaining Tomcat...? I have a local tomcat platform-- put I do not update often...

Memory has been the problem...serious memory issues..tomcat has crashed servers and caused many problems on shared..even dedicated servers.
    What's more..people tend to stear clear of something like that..even without trying it themselves...just hearing about the problems others have had in the past.

I have IBM Websphere Application server running on a decent size VPS..and it's doing fine..but..that's the way Tomcat starts a lamb. Put a few users on it..and I doubt it will behave itself. We shall see.

Yes, tomcat is a resources hog, we have to keep +/- 20 accounts per server to keep it running normail, is not economical wise to offer JSP/Servlets support unless you were expecting to charge and arm and leg.
    We have set heaps of only 16 MB, on shared and privated instances, and the server it was always with a load of 1-2 even with only those 20 accounts.
    Finally, we dropped the support to it.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

JSP hosting is way to expensive for small sites owner.

Besides java is harder to learn then php, so there are less people who will know how to write some decent java application therefore there is less demand for JSP hosting

Yes, that last response seems plausible-- demand.

3,369 - has a list of hosts offering this.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server. - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat