RackForce Down? Anyone have info?

I can't get through to my server and their phone # alternates between busy and no answer (though my very first call I did get through to a voicemail).

Their sites are down as well so I assume it's a problem at the colocation facility.

Anyone have any info as to what's going on? At the very least they could put an auto-response on their phone #.

I work across the street from them, there was a fire on the roof of the building they are in. The fire is out now but I don't think they are letting anyone back in the building yet.

we have a VPS with them and it is up. so it may be isolated to a few servers.

edit: or the roof being on fire

A lot of their servers are in my building which I'm assuming are unaffected by the fire

Yikes! Well I hope no one was hurt.

Edit: Thanks for posting csnet, I greatly appreciate it.

Check out castanet.net to see photos of the fire

Holy crap! Any idea what floor RackForce is on in that building??

I think the first floor actually is where their tech support guys sit.. but I'm not sure. The top floor is some investment firm

*whew* ok.. lol did we crush castanet.net?

Man I hope my server is ok, I never thought about insurance for it. I wonder if the owner's house insurance would cover it (it's a personal server)...

Quote Originally Posted by temporalillusion
    *whew* ok.. lol did we crush castanet.net?

Man I hope my server is ok, I never thought about insurance for it. I wonder if the owner's house insurance would cover it (it's a personal server)...
    Yeah..people get so involved with online based security these days that they never think about the physical security of their systems...scary at times.

Well my server's back up. That's pretty impressive actually all things considered.