Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

uniVPS disappeared!

My vps have been down for 24 hours already.
    univps.com website have been down too.
    Of course they don't answer emails.

So that's the end of univps?

Hi,

Read this thread...looks like he has done a runner...also Cyberturk warned alot of members regarding this joker..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=534402

Good luck

Hi there, currently a "pending" customer of uniVPS, signed up 12 days ago and still waiting but thats another issue.

They are still around, they are just having issues with SwSoft and Virtuozzo licensing, the eta i think is the 4th of september when everything will be up and running again.

The website is down because the dns server is hosted on a VPS thats being migrated to Virtuozzo which i also believe most other vps's are too thats why they are down.

So uniVPS isnt down and if you need to contact the owner, use msn: [email protected]

I'm hosted on UniVPS at the moment, and i can catagorically say that its not down, and it's gone nowhere. I am on my server right now.
    I don't have any websites hosted on there at the moment, but you can see my main IP's default index.html @ rocket.pro.vg, and you can download a test file from rocket.pro.vg/download/100mb.bin

[I can't post proper URLs cos of my post count]

Also, the owner himself i am talking to on MSN right now..

Please don't hesistate to ask me if you need any further help/proof...

--Mark

All I see is:
    Index of /
    Name Last modified Size Description
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Parent Directory 29-Aug-2006 04:17 -
    _private/ 29-Aug-2006 04:02 -
    cgi-bin/ 29-Aug-2006 04:02 -
    images/ 29-Aug-2006 04:02 -
    postinfo.html 29-Aug-2006 04:02 2k

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.univps.com Port 80

Got a temporary holding page. http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...client=firefox is the old page

http 208.98.56.99/~univpsx/forums/ is the site without need of domain name

Their site is up now. And i'm talking to Sinan on MSN right now. I think all there will be ok. Thank you for your answers.

well I for 1 am still waiting for my refund. so now sinan says sept 4th that's kinda funny cause it started out being aug 12th everything would be fixed and he's just kept pushing the date back I guess if you only need 30% uptime then univps is fine but I actually need what I pay for. I sure wish I had listened to cyberturk to begin with. Thanks for trying to warn us cyberturk. It sounds like you knew alot more about the kinda business sinan runs than any of us gave you credit for

Sorry to hear your problem...dinobot..

And for the record

I am not Cyberturk as stated on your temp site, univps {Mr Sinan}..very very unprofessional.
    univps get your facts right before you make Bold statements like this..and prove it !!

Our web site will be back on 4th September with new design and best offers.
    If you have any problems just contact us on MSN:

Please use only MSN to contact because mail services are down for maintenance and your mails will bounce.
    We are not SCAMMERS as some silly guys told like cyberturk or Unix-Aussie.Host at WHT (I am sure they are same people)

Sinan GUNAY's personal mobile number : (country code included)
    We have bough Virtuozzo software licenses and 10 servers @ FDC for the beginning. And also EU VPSs will be offered too, FDC is another chooise for our customers.
    All VPS customers' service will extend once Virtuozzo software's are ready

You are uniVPS's customer and you are special for us.
    Sinan GUNAY, uniVPS CEO
    Last edited by Unix-Aussie.Host; 08-29-2006 at 09:07 AM.

This is BS... My server has been down for two days now with no way to contact him.So I should just let it ride till the 4th. He still doesn't explain why everyones server is down. I had to move to a different company.
    Last edited by weezey2u; 08-29-2006 at 10:44 AM.

It seems Sinan deceived me again.. *angry*
    After msn talk he was gone offline and my vps is still down!!! *very angry*
    I wrote him sms but have no answer.

So i'm moving too.

Funny that after I posted here I get a root message from my vps and now its back online.

i dont know why all boxes went down at intergina i can only guess but that been said this could have been handled better and hopefully he learns from his mistakes like i have said in his own forum before today he needs find support staff that want to give support not sit on there backside all day this has been brewing a while sinan does try his bes t but one man can only do so much hopefully when the move to hetzner and fdc complete things will be smootheras the pain that is intergina is no longer in the equasion

hey Sinan, my server's down for almost 3 days! do something!!
    i know WHT is not univps's tech support forum, but seems this is the only way to doit

well I'm upset eventough i'm not his customer yet
    with this busy and so many vps problem he's still having time spending money on HYIP

and you know what? he's got scammed *LoL*

I'm not too sure where all this stuff about "every box in Intergenia is down" has come from - that's where my VPS is and theres no problems whatsoever.
    Each time i deal with Sinan he is friendly enough, and when he was installing my server he even allowed me to watch via VNC to see exactly what he was doing.
    He even let me watch him installing someone elses CentOS box so i could learn how it's done..
    He's also been on MSN every day since my box was installed, so i don't know what all this rubbish about him not being online is about...

In the same boat here, VPS has been down 48hours, promised it would be back up via msn and nothing happens.

Not happy at all

any new notice about this problem?

He finaly replied to my request for a refund but he wants me to wait till Saturday before he gives me the refund great management strategy make your customers wait for everything with this ethic I hope I get my refund before he goes bankrupt.
    The sad part is if he'd set me up with a good vps with a few upgrades (for the hassle) I'd probably drop the whole complaint but he has lied to me personally so many times that I fear he's gonna bail with our money
    Last edited by dinobot; 08-29-2006 at 11:42 PM.

vps has been down for 48 hours already. Sinan is offline.

Thread moved to outages.

3 months later he had 150 customers in Turkey he sold yearly packages and then closed his sites (www.10gbhosting.net) i said it before. He hasnt any funds, any real company. He is a kid with cell phone and internet connection. But he is taking tax from his customers And you are paying him Did Any of you ask him that what is this tax? He is a profesioanl cheater.. Good luck with him...

I follow the VPS forums pretty closely here, so I was suspicious of this guy when all of a sudden every VPS thread had someone posting about how great their service with uniVPS was....even though they were new to hosting.

Hi i know you all are not online during the day when sinan online if your box is down and want me to forward a message to him pm me with ip and il try get it sorted for you

Iand thanks for the offer but im unable to PM on the forum becuase im still too new, do you have an e-mail address i can send IP to?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iand
    Hi i know you all are not online during the day when sinan online if your box is down and want me to forward a message to him pm me with ip and il try get it sorted for you

I'm online 24 hours/day.
    Okay. PM sent to you with my IP.

A safer bet, would be for you to demand your money back

as by his index site, it is quite childish...and very unprofessional..and telling everyone they will be back on 4th September.

Good luck you might need it

I'm online 24 hours/day.
    Okay. PM sent to you with my IP.

Please use only MSN to contact because mail services are down for maintenance and your mails will bounce.
    So what is the truth?

I think he probably doesn't want tons of emails asking "when will my service be back" etc. He would rather deal with them live (through MSN).

I suggest anyone that wants a refund adds him to MSN ([email protected]) _and_ emails (politely) to [email protected]. He's normally online in the mornings (UK time). If you're really desperate, why not give him a call? At least that way you're sure to get some kind of response...

Not meaning to brag, but my service is still 100% uninterrupted, but I do feel the pain of those who have been unfortunate.

I also understand I am probably sounding like one of his employees or something, but i can assure you I am not (My English is too good for a start ). Any of you that were signed up to the uniVPS forums will have seen that I had my fair share of rants around 7 days ago, but all is sorted in that respect now.

The reason I am posting in his defence is that I think it is a little unfair for people who have no real knowledge of the situation are diving in with comments. Every host suffers problems now and again, it just happens to suck dick that all of his are happening at the same time :/

--Mark

Quote Originally Posted by donniesd
    So what is the truth?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by framed
    I also understand I am probably sounding like one of his employees or something, but i can assure you I am not (My English is too good for a start ).
    You do, and you don't need to speak with "an accent" to be an employee.

The reason I am posting in his defence is that I think it is a little unfair for people who have no real knowledge of the situation are diving in with comments. Every host suffers problems now and again, it just happens to suck dick that all of his are happening at the same time :/
    The reason I'm posting here is that I have my vps down 3 days already.
    And I don't even know what happened! I'm glad you have your service.
    I'm happy my vps didn't run serious things. And I think other people should know about univps services before ordering smth from they.

Fair enough to both of your points.
    If there's some other way you would like me to prove i am a customer, let me know..
    PayPal screenshots maybe?
    Also, if you do a search for my posts, you will see that a couple of weeks ago i was looking for a new host...and now i found one.
    But whatever :/

Tell us the sites of yours that you have hosted there that are up and running?

Well the problem is, even his clients..have no real knowledge of the situation, by reading most of these posts..only a few of this friends..like you!! and a couple of others seem to say how good this provider is

Now tell your boss...to remove my name from his kiddie index page ...and next you will tell me how professional he is!!!!

What are you getting free hosting?...for posting your comments

I think alot of people have already made there minds up on this joker..

Looking forward to comments.... from your other friends who seem to follow these threads..about the Child...

The reason I am posting in his defence is that I think it is a little unfair for people who have no real knowledge of the situation are diving in with comments. Every host suffers problems now and again, it just happens to suck dick that all of his are happening at the same time

I'm hosted on UniVPS at the moment, and i can catagorically say that its not down, and it's gone nowhere. I am on my server right now.
    I don't have any websites hosted on there at the moment, but you can see my main IP's default index.html @ rocket.pro.vg, and you can download a test file from rocket.pro.vg/download/100mb.bin

[I can't post proper URLs cos of my post count]

Also, the owner himself i am talking to on MSN right now..

Please don't hesistate to ask me if you need any further help/proof...

--Mark
    And here are some lovely screenshots for you...
    http://rocket.pro.vg

Am currently setting up www.SoEssential.net, but having some issues at the moment.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast