Private Branding

To get private nameservers for your company, do you need to have DNS Management feature enabled in your registrar? or can this be achieved by changing nameservers?

Depending on the registrar, you should go to : Manage child nameservers/manage nameservers/register a nameserver. From there, you create the nameservers with the IPs given to you by your hosting company

And a dedicated ip address is possible to have your own private label. You need DNS management where you can change the nameservers to your own nameservers (including create your own DNS).

ns1.yourhost.com - their ip
    ns2.yourhost.com - their ip

ns1.yoursite.com - dedicated ip(optional)
    ns2.yoursite.com - "

As noted above most domain registrars should be able to do this for you. If not then you should look into transferring your domain to another registrar such as GoDaddy.com or Dotster.com who have this functionality as standard.

- Chris
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

this is a good guide for registering private name server there are several registrars in the guide. www.lunarforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=27720.0

I am with ResellersPanel and they have this option integrated with their system. I don't know how it is with your registrar but they must have such option too.
    FreeHostia - the Net is free by nature!
    FreeHostia provides both free and paid hosting services with great quality and amazing 24/7 support.

Quote Originally Posted by neorlin
    I am with ResellersPanel and they have this option integrated with their system. I don't know how it is with your registrar but they must have such option too.
    Unfortunately, a lot of domain registrars don't have the option to register name servers via a control panel so you need to contact their support team. This is especially true with some ccTLD registrars. It is a pretty poor showing if you ask me... but that's the way it is.

- Chris
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

The big players do. The important thing is to make sure your host gives you a dedicated IP.

If we can know what's your domain, we may be able to know where you registered and therefore, point you to some instructions of how to register nameservers.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore