Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

bargain web host with bargain price on 35+ email addresses, indesign help

Ok well i am looking for a good host, that is at a good price as well, and i need 35+ email inboxes. so for example, tdan@example.com, fttford@example.com, etc. i need 35 or more different ones. So i was wondering if someone could tell me a few good webhosts at good prices that also have a good deal on their email address. I have seen a few that have like unlimited email addresses, but usually those are really expensive, and gives me way too much space and stuff then i need. The website isn't going to be big at all, maybe three different pages or so, we may expand later on, but in the beggining we just want a homepage with info on it and pesonalized email addresses.

Also, we have indesign cs2, and i think if i read it corectly, i can just use that to make the webpage(s), im good with indesign, but in terms of buttons that go to links or the other pages, i will have to figure that out, so the question is really here, can i just use indesign cs 2 to make the page?

suggestions and answers please!

Thanks alot!

Hi there, welcome to WHT.
    HOw much space and bandwidth do you need? also, what's your budget?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

If your e-mail is important to you, I would re-consider your budget and idea of "paying too much". $7.95-$15.95 per month should do you well.

Hello,
    There are plently of hosts out there that will give you unlimited mail boxes for $15 to $20 dollars per month. I would reccomend paying at least this much to be sure you experiance good uptime and support.

Do you have any preferences in control panels?

Hello, These are all under $4.50/mo and have at least 35 email addresses.

They are as follows:
    Plan Name, Company Name, Price/mo, Data Storage, Data Transfer, # of Emails, OS

Windows Box-1 Hb9.net $1.25 20 MB 5 GB Unlimited Windows
    Linux Box-1 Hb9.net $1.25 20 MB 5 GB Unlimited Linux
    Email Hosting Extreme Web Technologies $1.66 100 MB 1 GB Unlimited Linux
    BRONZE 1000PP 1ForAllHosting.com $1.67 1 GB 10 GB 50 Linux
    Basic Hosting APC Hosting $1.95 20 MB 1 GB Unlimited Linux
    SILVER 2000PP 1ForAllHosting.com $2.49 2 GB 30 GB 200 Linux
    personalValue B3 Hosting Ltd $2.50 250 MB 5 GB 50 Linux
    Basic Plan Whatahosting.com $2.50 1.024 GB 10 GB Unlimited Linux
    Silver Plan Elite Hosting Service $3.30 100 MB 1.5 GB Unlimited Linux
    Basic Hosting Extreme Web Technologies $3.33 50 MB 1 GB Unlimited Linux
    Windows Box-2 Hb9.net $3.33 50 MB 10 GB Unlimited Windows
    Linux Box-2 Hb9.net $3.33 50 MB 10 GB Unlimited Linux
    Advanced SitePhase $3.50 300 MB 10 GB 100 Linux
    Enhanced Hosting APC Hosting $3.95 100 MB 5 GB Unlimited Linux
    Economy SaskTech Servers $3.95 5 GB 250 GB 500 Windows
    Economy SaskTech Servers $3.95 5 GB 250 GB 500 Linux
    Windows 100MB Plan MegaWebServer.com $4.00 100 MB 1 GB Unlimited Windows
    Linux 100MB Plan MegaWebServer.com $4.00 100 MB 1 GB Unlimited Linux
    Windows Personal GBE Hosting $4.15 200 MB 5 GB Unlimited Windows
    Linux Personal GBE Hosting $4.15 200 MB 5 GB Unlimited Linux
    Basic eVerity Web Svcs $4.16 250 MB 20 GB 100 Linux
    Alpha Plan NukeHost.biz $4.16 250 MB 2 GB Unlimited Windows
    GOLD 5000PP 1ForAllHosting.com $4.24 5 GB 60 GB 1000 Linux
    Ultra SitePhase $4.50 500 MB 20 GB 200 Linux
    Finding options is easy. Making decisions... not always so.
    http://www.WebHostComp.com
    The Ultimate Web Hosting Search Engine

15-20 i think is fine. In terms of bandwitch and stuff, as i said we dont need much, we are at the most having like just a home page, and some point we may upgrade and put the entire newspaper on it (this is for a school newspaper), but starting off we need like a home page, we really dont need much, it isnt going to be too fancy. In terms of control panels, i dont really know, something farely easy, im good with computers but all the internet hosting, html, etc. i am a big newb at.

I really dont know how much bandwith i will need, i mean this website would probably only get 1 or 2 hits a day, its not going to be much. If we end up promoting it alot and start putting stories on there, then we just need a host that will let us upgrade. So bascially we need the email address mostly, but we want to get the domain and host as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBob

They are as follows:

thanks alot man, im guessing all those hosts (along with probably all of them) let you upgrade the plan, i know there may be constraints on when you can do it and such with the plan.

Also, what do you reccomend? I mean i have heard that people think i need to spend at least 15-20 a month, however, these are cheaper, so i mean i dont want one that doesnt work and such. If there is a website with ratings of the web hosts, that would be great, i searched google and i got websites that looked very unproffesional, and looked like they were just basically making money by putting those hosts on the website and ranking them, if i am wrong though let me know please and could u send me a link to a legit rankings?

thanks again, WHAT ABOUT STARTLOGIC.COM?
    Last edited by lbjandai; 08-28-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBob

They are as follows:

I felt like I was reading spam ... I so wanted to hit delete.. but this isnt my email.. lol

To the OP, if email is your priority, short of a dedicated email provider, I would suggest you try to find hosts with consistently high uptime (not guarantees via an SLA, actual uptime.) As others have said though, you'll want to pay a little more for reliability and quality, but as your actual site needs are not very demanding, just find a reputable company and go with their smallest plan.
    SuperUnlimitedHosting!
    Unlimited Space! Unlimited Bandwidth! Unlimited Domains/MySQL/Everything!
    24/7 Live Support! 101% Uptime - Guaranteed!
    Disclaimer: This does not exist...........yet!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRogue
    I felt like I was reading spam ... I so wanted to hit delete.. but this isnt my email.. lol

To the OP, if email is your priority, short of a dedicated email provider, I would suggest you try to find hosts with consistently high uptime (not guarantees via an SLA, actual uptime.) As others have said though, you'll want to pay a little more for reliability and quality, but as your actual site needs are not very demanding, just find a reputable company and go with their smallest plan.
    ok, but i dont know any "reputable companys", i am used to finding good reviews online, but as i said above ( i edited the post), the reviews i found looked non-legit

need 5 posts to post what i want to post..

http://web-hosting-review.toptenrevi...st+web+hosting

are those top hosts "reputable"?

******.com, look at their specs for their lowest plan, that looks pretty good to me, what about u guys?

Be aware that most web hosting review/directory listing sites usually rank the companies who pay them the most up higher.
    ****** if I remember was into overselling.. to a fairly scary extent (at least IMO) so personally I wouldn't go with them.

I've been with AxisHost for nearly a month now (gonna post a review of them when the months rolls around) and am very happy with them so far. You could give them a shot, their smallest plan is $6 a month with unlimited email. 750MB of space should be more than enough for your 3 web pages, so..
    SuperUnlimitedHosting!
    Unlimited Space! Unlimited Bandwidth! Unlimited Domains/MySQL/Everything!
    24/7 Live Support! 101% Uptime - Guaranteed!
    Disclaimer: This does not exist...........yet!

yea i figured on the whole paying for ranking thing, i said that above, thinking that was true, just toptenreviews is a bit more legit then the others...

I would look for a little higher budget company, that's going to give you a dedicated IP with rDNS setup correctly that way if somebody else messes up and gets a lower shared IP blacklisted your more safe.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Quote Originally Posted by lbjandai
    Also, we have indesign cs2, and i think if i read it corectly, i can just use that to make the webpage(s), im good with indesign, but in terms of buttons that go to links or the other pages, i will have to figure that out, so the question is really here, can i just use indesign cs 2 to make the page?
    Hi and welcome, I see that you got a lot of answers for your first question, so I won't go there.

Regarding Indesign I would not recommend it to make your website, there are tools a little more professional for web, also if you want a real professional website you will need to know about HTML and hopefully some programming at least JavaScript and if possible some language like PHP or ASP with SQL or mySQL.

If all you need is a simple site in plain HTML, I would recommend to use Fireworks and Dreamweaver, you can make a nice design in fireworks and then make the site in dreamweaver.

Good luck!
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

There is nothing wrong with using indesign by adobe for basic sites and it's a lot easier then dreamweaver if you are just starting.

Quote Originally Posted by wbpro
    Hi and welcome, I see that you got a lot of answers for your first question, so I won't go there.

Regarding Indesign I would not recommend it to make your website, there are tools a little more professional for web, also if you want a real professional website you will need to know about HTML and hopefully some programming at least JavaScript and if possible some language like PHP or ASP with SQL or mySQL.

If all you need is a simple site in plain HTML, I would recommend to use Fireworks and Dreamweaver, you can make a nice design in fireworks and then make the site in dreamweaver.

Good luck!
    well i will see but that would be more money for our school, to buy dreamweaver or fireworks, someone told me they knew frontpage well and could do it on there, and for our website, i think it would be more then fine, we are not going for anything fancy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    There is nothing wrong with using indesign by adobe for basic sites and it's a lot easier then dreamweaver if you are just starting.
    good to hear, now also, is their a certain feature i need to make sure i have when finding the webhost or no?

Why aren't there any reputable web hosts being named?

People say look for a reputable one, how the heck do i know if it is reputable?

http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.co...nt.php/2199811

at the bottom there, their are a few links to websites, so they seem legit... could i pick from those rankings?

see here on WHT you can't recommend yourself per the rules.

What I always recommend is look around for a few host, then do a search on the host you think fit your needs, maybe send a few sales email to the host you like or add them to your post asking others what they think.

What you want to watch out for is the large overselling companies.

Quote Originally Posted by lbjandai
    well i will see but that would be more money for our school, to buy dreamweaver or fireworks, someone told me they knew frontpage well and could do it on there, and for our website, i think it would be more then fine, we are not going for anything fancy at all.
    don't uses frontpage, stay with indesign as it does the same stuff with more features.

ok well can someone PM me reccomendations.

just toptenreviews is a bit more legit then the others...
    Maybe it is, but at the end of the day, all the hosts listed as there have affiliate programs via CommissionJunction. It's pretty hard to believe those are the only companies worthy to be reviewed and included in a "top".

******.com, look at their specs for their lowest plan, that looks pretty good to me, what about u guys?
    Shared hosting is provided off of dedicated servers. Knowing the price of the latter, can give you a rough idea of what the costs are in this business.

ok well can someone PM me reccomendations.
    Recommendations are fine, but any host offering you hosting via PM should be disregarded, as their action would be against the rules of this forum (self promotion is not allowed). Feel free to report any offenders via http://www.webhostingtalk.com/helpdesk. Thank you!
    Last edited by ldcdc; 08-29-2006 at 12:30 AM.

ok, thanks. So i mean people can reccomend hosts to me, anyone want to help me by reccomending a few reputable hosts?

I saw ******'s cage a few months ago... that was quite scary, the sheer poor organization of everything. So whilst having not used them and being unable to comment, this would definitely be a concern of mine if I was in your shoes.

lbjandai, visit Dan's site - WHReviews. Plenty of good hosts listed there
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell
    I saw ******'s cage a few months ago... that was quite scary, the sheer poor organization of everything.
    Aren't they on the 11th floor of One Wilshire?
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast