Host's with staying power

Is there anywhere that I can find a list of reseller-plan hosting that have staying power?

Thank You,

Corey

staying power?
    What is staying power?

sorry, as in they've been here for awhile and they are not really expected to fail within the next year or so.

The last few I've been with either sold out due to bad business planning or failed within the few months I was with them.

Thank You

To my knowledge, no such list exists and there are no guarantees of a company big or small not being bought out in any given year. Its easier to spot companies which are likely to "fail" by looking at past performance (years established, management experience, and ability to raise capital)

Probably older ones have more chances of stay alive, however, nothing in this world is sure
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

It really depends on your perspective. Someone may see a host and think they are doing well and are going to be around for a long time, but then end up closing shop. While other companies people may have doubts about, but ending exceeding expectations... We don't know what is happening behind the scenes...

Probably older ones have more chances of stay alive, however, nothing in this world is sure
    This is probably your best bet - doesnt protect you from a buy out - but, a longer history would certainly indicate an increased chance for survival going forward.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Every host has a possibility to die out, so that is just poor Disaster Prevention.

Just back up your stuff regularly, and have a few providers on a backup list. Also ensure that they are compatible with each other, and the backup/restoration procedure is fairly seemless, or you'll be kicking yourself later on.

For example, cPanel/WHM allows you to create tarballs and extract accounts on the fly. It will make restoration a hell of a lot easier.

As everybody else is saying you should deffinitely look into the more established hosting providers.

Also look for hosts that arn't charging $20 dollars per month for 200GB storage and 1TB banwidth. These are also signs that the host may not be doing so well. If you really want quality, long lasting service spend the extra money.

Hi Corey,
    As the others have suggested, no list would be available of who has staying power since you never know if a company will get an offer they can't pass on etc.. Or if they just don't want to put in all the time it takes to run a 24/7 operation. Jorge is right though, in saying that most of the older providers have a lot more longevity generally than the new kids on the block.

What I would suggest, is to look at the prices and features you are offered and say, does this seem like it's too good to be true, can the provider make money on my account, etc..?

-Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Sonet7.com (owned by Liquid Web Datacenter)
    FlaNative

As stated previously in this thread, research any perspective companys and do a "whois" lookup to see how long they've truly been in business. I can't tell you the number of sites I've seen lately claiming to have been around for years with a newly registered domain.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

Thank you for the help

I will take everything into account while searching for the next host.

Again, Thank You,

Corey

Do not limit your research to this forum, there are tons of host out here, also, some may have a great reputation here but almost inexistant out there, and vice-versa
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore