Forming LLC... any recommanded agent?

Hello,

I am trying to form LLC at Deleware, but I am living at CA.

I have read that it is good to form LLC at DE because of laws. I know it will not affect much on my starting bussiness, but just like to form it at DE.

I have read and researched few agent through online, but I am not sure they are fine or not.

If you have formed your LLC or Corporation through registered agent, can you recommand one?

Also if anyone formed company at DE, but you are living other state or formed at other state, but your are living other state, could you pm me? I like to talk if you are okay.

Thanks

Just do it in your state =|

There isn't anything in Delaware that will help a hosting company. If you were selling beer or oil; then maybe, but not hosting.

I see. In which state did you form?

Thanks

I'd talk with an accountant about what setup is best for you before doing anything, but my guess would be they would recommend forming an LLC in your state. It's possible that an s-corp would better fit your model or maybe forming out-of-state would save you money. They would be the only person that could tell you that for sure.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

In my country they don't call LLC. For example, abc LLC but in my country it would be abc sdn bhd. Actually, they both are same.

Quote Originally Posted by LowAsYou
    Hello,

I am trying to form LLC at Deleware, but I am living at CA.

I have read that it is good to form LLC at DE because of laws. I know it will not affect much on my starting bussiness, but just like to form it at DE.

I have read and researched few agent through online, but I am not sure they are fine or not.

If you have formed your LLC or Corporation through registered agent, can you recommand one?

Also if anyone formed company at DE, but you are living other state or formed at other state, but your are living other state, could you pm me? I like to talk if you are okay.

Thanks
    Get some advice from your accountant / lawyer. In CA, even if you register your LLC in DE, you will have to register as a foreign corporation and will have to pay franchise tax fee of $800 minimum. http://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/misc/3556.html
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Suds
    Get some advice from your accountant / lawyer. In CA, even if you register your LLC in DE, you will have to register as a foreign corporation and will have to pay franchise tax fee of $800 minimum. http://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/misc/3556.html
    Let say I have registered LLC in DE, do I need an office there?

It's an annual fee, not a franchise tax fee. lol he's not franchising, he's forming an LLC

There are lots of places on the web that will form your LLC in multiple states for a myriad of reasons. You should take look at them.

best advice is always call a lawyer. But don't call a lawyer that's going to try to tell you to use his or someone elses service.

The companies that do this stuff for you are just gathering all the forms, filling them out for you fedexing them to you for signatures then filing them. Lots of people use them because it's fast and they know the process.
    Last edited by fastnoc; 08-29-2006 at 03:27 AM.

Jay Suds is very correct.

If you are doing business in california... you still have to register in california as a "foreign entity" which means you are paying the franchise tax board the minimum yearly $800/fee. Thus, much of the cost benefit of filing in another state is lost.

That of course depends on wether you meet the definition of "doing business in california" or not.

I formed my LLC through llc.com/corporate.co (the company corporation) and all the other names they go through.

You do get some nice nolo books, an embossing company seal, and a nice lil leather bound folder and crap for storing all your legal paperworks.

That said...
    Having paid the fees for them to do it... and now better understanding the process... I'd not bother to pay a company again to do it. It's really about as simple as filling out a pdf form, and mailing it in with your check.

Yes, I understand that there will be $800 annual fee at CA even I form it at DE. But my question is this, I don't really understand why I need to get business license at CA.. because I am living at CA, USA? all transaction will be done on internet because my business is internet service... isn't it? Also that's why there is no sales tax on internet services with no physical things.. isn't it? Anyone know?

LowAsYou, i would recommand to you to go with CorpoMax, i used them to create a LLC 2 months ago in the Delaware. It includes bank account, postal mail. And they work very fast. In less than 1 day it was created. The cost was up to 1699$ USD, but no fakes. They are a registered incorporation agent in DE.

Vincent
    BestOfData - http://www.bestofdata.com - Your Online Gateway To Internet!
    DediboxWorld | SMS Gateway
    BestOfData is the ultimest solutions to all your webservices problems!

Choose a registered agent company in delaware... such as http://www.inclegal.com/orderform.html#REGAGENTSVCONLY
    $99 for one year... initial setup.

Once that's done and you have their information...

Fill out form http://www.state.de.us/corp/llcform.pdf
    ... Print... Spend 2 minutes writing personal information cover letter... Stick both in envelope... Enclose check for $120*... Stamp... Mail... feel happy that you saved yourself up to $1480
    *(I recommend getting a certified extra copy for yourself. Which you will probably need to show a banking institution if you wish to setup a business checking account.)

You may also want to investigate getting your own EIN, if you intend to get a business checking account you'll likely need one.
    https://sa.www4.irs.gov/sa_vign/newFormSS4.do
    http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/...102766,00.html is the help page for that if you're not sure what to put in a certain field.

I've read that LegalZoom.com is good. They support most states, and their prices arn't too bad. Anybody else have experience with them?

I used Legal Zoom and couldn't have been happier!

I formed in Flordia, and used Florida Incorporation Service, very fast, easy online application, got my cert and Tax ID back in 3 days.

(Did flordia due to small sales tax compared to where I am and because it can be done online)

Nobody has yet answered his question as to WHY he also needs to incorporate in CA as a foreign entity since he isnt setting up a business in CA. He is selling a service on the internet. I don't think he has any employees in CA either.

I am okay. I am contacting lawyer to consult on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wormy
    Nobody has yet answered his question as to WHY he also needs to incorporate in CA as a foreign entity since he isnt setting up a business in CA. He is selling a service on the internet. I don't think he has any employees in CA either.
    residency, that's why.

We used LegalZoon to form Veritas Internet Solutions, LLC. Process took all but 30 days.
    Stephen Preissler
    Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

try Bizfilings. very fast (expedited) and solid. forming an LLC can be done in about a week (via FedEx).

22. Anyone got a good one for incorporating or LLC in Canada?

see: http://www.bizfilings.com/

a very excellent service
    George Donnelly / Systems Administrator
    High Speed Rails inc. / FOSS Hosting
    http://highspeedrails.com
    "Linux is Luke. FreeBSD is Yoda."