Video Host Needed for YouTube site.

I am running a site a bit like YouTube but on a slightly smaller scale

I need a host!

The host needs to support 'ioncube' whatever that is. It will play Windows Media .wmv files.

Please can anyone suggest a really reliable host with loads of Giga Bytes ?

Thanks in advance.

What is your budget? Looks like you might be better off going straight for a VPS
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

vps

Hi, I don't know what vps is. At the moment there are only about 10 five minute videos for the site and 400 uv's per day. I don't need 'streaming' video. I only need download/play .wmv but the site is quite small at the moment. Hope that is clear. Please advise. Thank you.

Budget $34 p/m approx

What is your budget, good sir?

A virtual private server (VPS) may be your best bet.

You can use ioncube on just about any host (any host that supports PHP). Just crab their free decoder, and upload it into ioncube/ and voila you have ioncube support.

IMHO: If your going to need a mail server and a control panel a VPS probably isn't your best solution. Too much overhead, and a cheap dedicated isn't a whole lot more.

-Jason
    Have you considered Semi-dedicated Hosting? 4 - 8 accounts per server. Less overhead than VPS, better performance for the price.
    DopeDomains.com - 15,000 New Domains a day. indexed by Pagerank, backlinks, Hits, and Length.

Ah, that better defines 'small'. When someone even says 1% of youtube, that's still a lot of bandwidth

How large are the files? I'm going to assume they are 10mb's a piece on average. So 400 X 10 =4000mb of daily bandwidth. That means you need a fair bit per month. Too be honest, this isn't my area as I don't deal in budget hosts. But HostGator and DreamHost are supposedly good for just file hosting. Use the search tool
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

budget

Budget is up to 50 usd per month but I have been paying a lot less for an unreliable service. My developer says the host must support 'ioncube' whatever that is.

Files are around 15MB .wmv.

Ioncude is a way to encode/decode PHP scripts so they can be distributed w/o source code.

-Jason
    Have you considered Semi-dedicated Hosting? 4 - 8 accounts per server. Less overhead than VPS, better performance for the price.
    DopeDomains.com - 15,000 New Domains a day. indexed by Pagerank, backlinks, Hits, and Length.

mail

I don't need a mail server. I hope to keep the mail where it is. However I do need a control panel. Dreamhost keeps popping up over the last few days. I will certainly take a close look at them and hostgator