Hi, I am looking for a good reliable VPS host. What I am interested in is at least 10Mbps unmetered dedicated port, at least 512MB guaranteed ram, cPanel preferred but I'm willing to accept DirectAdmin, unmanaged, and at least 40GB storage on 10K SATA or 10K/15K SCSI drives. My budget is $50-$120 per month, but I would like to keep it as low as possible. Thanks
It's possible at the prices you stated, but I think many hosts won't want to do it because it cuts deep into their margins. If you use the entire 10Mbps on a regular basis, they will lose money at those prices.
Count on bandwidth costing at least $25/Mbit per month. Throw in baseline costs of about $10 per month just for them to have you as a customer. Throw in another $25/month for the 40GB of RAID disk space on a VPS node. Add another $50/month for CPanel. You're looking at $335 for a host to break even if you use everything you pay for. Most hosts are in the business for a profit, so add 30% margin to reach $435.50 as a likely price for those specs.
Can you find it cheaper? Yes, for sure. Like the old saying goes, there's an idiot born every day and a good 70% of them start hosting companies. The other 30% are either killed drunk driving or kill someone while drunk driving.
I would recommend Tektonic.net for such configuration, they offer what you're looking for at a reasonnable price.
Had some glitch with them when I signed up, some servers were slow and buggish but they move us all out to another place during my first weeks. I've now been with them for about 3 months and nothing bad to say as of now
Support is okay, you get answer in the first hour during the day, may take few hours though at night (hate when it happens during late development)
I let you all guess my domain(s)
█ PutFile.io — Disrupting traditional file hosting. █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever! █ No Ads. █ No Countdowns.