Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Angry VBULLETIN and JELSOFT SUCK DEEPLY

Now I got that infamous message too that I run VBB unlicensed. They even put their subcompany NukePirates.Com onto me. NukePirates.Com is an illegal hacker/cracker group owned by Jelsoft that cracks servers that run legal or illegal VBBs and deltetes everything on that server. No legal actions can be taken cause it is all people from non-US countries.

BEWARE IF VBB OR JELSOFT! THEY MIGHT DELETE (NUKE) YOUR SERVER!!!

If you want an even better board then VBB for FREE and also in a PHP version soon then go to www.ikonboard.com

I am not affiliated in any way with IKONBOARD, I just dumped my expensive VBB license and run IKON now and I am even happier then before. And I don't have to fear anymore that Jelsoft deletes my hosting servers!
      0 Not allowed!

I am not sure I understand your situation completely. Care to explain more? So were you running an illegal copy? What did they do to you?

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

No of course not
    The VBB was of course licensed and 100% legal... otherwise I could not complain
      0 Not allowed!

Then why don't you complaint to Jelsof or Nukepirate? Or if you did, what happened?

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

How do you know Jelsoft owns NukePirates.Com?
      0 Not allowed!

I use Vbulletin for one of my web site since almost one year and everything is ok, even if it's not very fast.
      0 Not allowed!

My experience with JelSoft is that they are slow to react to reports of pirated boards, and do everything possible to find out if the board is legal before they take action. At that time they go to your ISP and get you shut down if you don't respond to direct requests.

This does not sound like anything Jelsoft would do. They are a class act in all of my experiences with them.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net
      0 Not allowed!

Let me clear up a few points here.... first off I work for Jelsoft and handle many of the license and piracy issues that are dealt with.

NukePirates.com is not owned by Jelsoft Enterprises, LTD. NukePirates.com is owned by a California-based company called Legal Research Associates, LP. They are lawyers and copyright agents that work for Jelsoft and specialize in software piracy. They have many other clients along with vBulletin/Jelsoft.

NukePirates.com does not in any shape or form engage in or condone any illegal activities, and are far from an illegal hacker/cracker group... in fact they use completely legal channels to combat those groups specifically.

I can assure you that if you have a license to use vBulletin and comply with our license agreement, you have nothing to worry about from us or NukePirates.com. However, if you are running an illegal, unlicensed copy of vBulletin, run a 'warez' site with or without vBulletin, or distribute vBulletin illegally, you have alot to worry about from NukePirates.com

This original poster was obviously running an illegal copy and is now upset he got caught, ignored our requests to remove vBulletin, and we had his host shut down his site/server.

Sincerely,
    Chris Schreiber
      0 Not allowed!

Re: VBULLETIN and JELSOFT SUCK DEEPLY

Originally posted by ShareFile
    They even put their subcompany NukePirates.Com onto me. NukePirates.Com .....
    Subcompany?
    NukePirates got nothing to do with Jelsoft FYI
    If you are running a pirated vB version, then by all means you should be nuked anyway
      0 Not allowed!

Plus, it's vB, not vbb
      0 Not allowed!

Chris and the vBulletin team are fantastic.
    I totally agree with what Chris said, as I had some accounts on my server running my licensed copy of vBulletin (no idea how they got them other than at the time the server wasn't well protected so people using ssh could access my files - all fixed now tho) and they emailed me letting me know who was using the license and I went to them.

All of them then bought a license - only one didn't and I suspended his account.

James
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by thewitt
    My experience with JelSoft is that they are slow to react to reports of pirated boards, and do everything possible to find out if the board is legal before they take action. At that time they go to your ISP and get you shut down if you don't respond to direct requests.

This does not sound like anything Jelsoft would do. They are a class act in all of my experiences with them.

-t
    They have been known to act exactly the opposite of your experience. I'm glad that you've only experienced good things with them. However, that is not my experience.

Maybe things change.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

By the sounds of your username you run a Warez or a "sharing" site which believes in the free exchange of software, commercial or otherwise.

If you have a quick look on http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html you will see that this is in fact against the license agreement which you agreed to when you download vBulletin from the members area.

vBulletin may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property Violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.
    Scott MacVicar
      0 Not allowed!

Jelsoft, the vBulletin team are a great company. If they suspect an Illegal forum is being run they email the admin of that forum and also the host thats hosting there webspace.

They give you an opportunity to purchase a legal licence and expect you in the mean time to close the forum down until such time.

If you dont close it down, they supply evidence to the host and the host closes it down, if not legal action is sort.

I have nothing but respect for Vbulletin and the support is great.

Fantastic software

My comments.

Regards,

Brian James
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Deahost
    Jelsoft, the vBulletin team are a great company. If they suspect an Illegal forum is being run they email the admin of that forum and also the host thats hosting there webspace.

They give you an opportunity to purchase a legal licence and expect you in the mean time to close the forum down until such time.

If you dont close it down, they supply evidence to the host and the host closes it down, if not legal action is sort.

I have nothing but respect for Vbulletin and the support is great.

Fantastic software

My comments.

Regards,

Brian James
    I agreed with Brian James, they are great team and company you can always rely on. Too bad my website and vB got hijacked by a webhosting co. whom claimed that all ideas and concept belongs to them when they announcing the change of management to the members. I am waiting for a good reseller package before changing the licence to my website.

FYI: I have great encounter with vB team, hereby i would like to thanks, Chris, Eva2000, James, Smachol, C-prompt, tubedogg and those whom i left out.

Thumbs up to them,
    Marcus Lau.
      0 Not allowed!

I own serveral licenses and run a board dedicated mostly to vB artists .. I have never heard or have a single complaint againt Jelsoft, they seems to be a very professional bunch

sorry, but I dont' buy into it
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine
      0 Not allowed!

Now I got that infamous message too that I run VBB unlicensed. They even put their subcompany NukePirates.Com onto me. NukePirates.Com is an illegal hacker/cracker group owned by Jelsoft that cracks servers that run legal or illegal VBBs and deltetes everything on that server. No legal actions can be taken cause it is all people from non-US countries.

1. NukePirates is a seperate group, Jelsoft employees them....
    2. They don't actually hack you, nuke you, or anything else, they just goto the trouble of emailing you, your host, your upstream provider, etc..
    3. The nukepirates site is really ment as a joke, hell half of the 'dead' warez sites are still up, they just put the wrong url down...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by CRego3D
    I own serveral licenses and run a board dedicated mostly to vB artists .. I have never heard or have a single complaint againt Jelsoft, they seems to be a very professional bunch

sorry, but I dont' buy into it
    Sorry; but I have first hand knowledge of the opposite. Although my experience was several months ago and maybe things have changed. But, I know for a fact they don't always do things the way they should. However, as I stated earlier, maybe things have changed. But, as being one that held a valid license and then having JelSoft tell my provider it was illegal, I know it can happen (or could). Without ShareFile sharing more information however, in this case it would seem that perhaps they were justified in their actions. Not to take anything away from the original poster, but he offers no proof to his claim.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

You might want to try out Invision Board. www.ibforums.com ...they are free, and very good forums. Most people say they pick IBforums over VB. Of course, its still in development, and you wont have the same futures as VB, but they will have everything you need in the near future. Check it out, I love it, and especially that is free. I dont even have 50 users, so for me to pay for VB, would be dumb.

ps: anyone hear of idealboard? http://www.idealbb.com/ ...that sofware is expensive. I mean for a full its $599 . ..anyone know why? I mean, how much better can it be, than VB...or even Invision.

ehh??? it says I have only 1 post...LOL...I know i should have more than that...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Juguard
    You might want to try out Invision Board. www.ibforums.com ...they are free, and very good forums. Most people say they pick IBforums over VB. Of course, its still in development, and you wont have the same futures as VB, but they will have everything you need in the near future. Check it out, I love it, and especially that is free. I dont even have 50 users, so for me to pay for VB, would be dumb.
    is that ikonboard?
    Originally posted by Juguard

ps: anyone hear of idealboard? http://www.idealbb.com/ ...that sofware is expensive. I mean for a full its $599 . ..anyone know why? I mean, how much better can it be, than VB...or even Invision.
    $599?
    used to be freeware
      0 Not allowed!

off the point a bit here but the php version of ikonboard is not ikonboard its invisionboard, www.invisionboard.com
      0 Not allowed!

Invisionboard is created by the Ikonboard programmers.
      0 Not allowed!

If you want an even better board then VBB for FREE and also in a PHP version soon then go to www.ikonboard.com

I am not affiliated in any way with IKONBOARD, I just dumped my expensive VBB license and run IKON now and I am even happier then before. And I don't have to fear anymore that Jelsoft deletes my hosting servers!

www.xmbforum.com has a forum strikingly similar to VBB.

Check it out
      0 Not allowed!

We got the same email from that bunch of morons. I will not reply to it though, If they are so hot on accusing a paid customer of running a illigal copy, they are fricken insane.

Not until they take me to court, and end up paying my attorney fees will they get a slap in the face that we have a fully legal copy of VBB

Pretty pathedic for a company to more or less bite the hand that feeds them, over the last 3 years, i prob have sent over 10 to 20 clients their way to get a BB, no more......I send them all elsewhere
      0 Not allowed!

PHPBB2?

Anyone tried using phpBB? Version2 looks pretty good and it's free (GPL)

www.phpbb.com
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast