Best host for Frontpage

Does anyone know what the best hosting company would be for people with frontpage? And if so do you need a credit card or can you have paypal? The web host I have seemed ok, but they are quitting frontpage. I sent them an email asking when the site will go down but didn't hear back yet. It might be urgent! I can pay at paypal or with a check and the company needs to have frontpage and hopefully low prices!!
    Lindsay,

Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times

Lindsay,
    Most all hosts will support Front Page and pretty much all accept paypal too so your choices will be many. There are a ton of hosts to pick from.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Almost all hosts support FrontPage. Please provide us with your hosting specifications (bandwidth, disk space, linux/windows, budget) and we may be able to provide you with some names.

Most hosts offer FrontPage extensions, so your choices aren't very limited. Most will also accept PayPal and credit card, so your main questions when selecting a host should be:

1) How long has the host been in business?
    2) Do they have an uptime guarantee, and in the past have they managed to achieve it?
    3) Do they have a test file you can download to get an idea of download speeds.
    4) How good is their tech support? Try sending them an email to see if the quality of the answer and the time taken to get a reply meets your requirements.

Good luck with your search.
    TJR Networks - Quality web hosting for everyday people...

That is my problem there are millions of choices. But the best one is hard to find because there are millions. Is there a site with real reviews? And is there a way make sure they are good. And how can you make sure they keep Frontpage on.
    Lindsay,

I would say the same thing whether your looking for a host that supports FP or just a good host in general. Most hosts will offer FP. Look around here for some well mentioned hosts and make yourself a list. Check the different hosts websites and look at their plans, then try and widdle down your choices to maybe 5 or so. Then contact them and ask a few pre-sales questions.
    I know this might sound like a lot of work, but you'll benifit from it in the long run.
    I think we all know the host your talking about, seems like there's several posts just today about problems their having with FP, hopefully it's only temporary. And yes, most will also accept PayPal.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

You can also try here http://www.besthostratings.com/, just search past the front page and you can even compare different plans.
    Best of luck!

I'd recommend rackhost.net for shared hosting with Frontpage extentions, PayPal accepted, and a great reputation with 7 years in business.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

Is there a site with real reviews?
    Unfortunately, most are heavily influenced by the amount the hosts listed pay the reviewer via their affiliate program. Do you have any friends that may be able to recommend a host they have used? As you say, it is hard to narrow down potential hosts due to the huge number out there.

And how can you make sure they keep Frontpage on.
    You could contact support prior to ordering. However, it is unlikely most hosts will disable it so you probably don't need to worry about it too much.
    TJR Networks - Quality web hosting for everyday people...

If you want actual hosts names, take a look at Netfronts (http://www.netfronts.com/) or CartikaHosting (http://www.cartikahosting.com/), great bunch of people at both places and I doubt you'd have any FP problems with either one.

Well my host just replied to my email and said they are not stopping Frontpage hosting plus my website is already compatable with a non Frontpage server. So I guess theres nothing to worry about. I think I will still get a good list though. It cant hurt to have a list of choices in an emergency!!
    Lindsay,

Quote Originally Posted by rockergirl
    Well my host just replied to my email and said they are not stopping Frontpage hosting plus my website is already compatable with a non Frontpage server. So I guess theres nothing to worry about. I think I will still get a good list though. It cant hurt to have a list of choices in an emergency!!

Who is your web host?

Its my cousins dad owns it. I get it free until school is over so never had to worry about it until today!
    Lindsay,

Is there a site with real reviews? And is there a way make sure they are good.
    Visit http://www.whreviews.com

On the left margin, you'll see a list of "Honest Hosts", that site is run by one of the WHT moderators using real reviews of people here.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I would suggest sticking with a Windows host, for some reason microsoft doesn't seem to be support FPE as much on Linux lately!

Good luck with your hunt.

Thanks for being nice. I just book marked. Would you know anything about the program that is supposed to replace frontpage? Even its name?
    Lindsay,

Thanks for being nice. I just book marked. Would you know anything about the program that is supposed to replace frontpage? Even its name?
    I believe it's Sharepoint Designer but it's still in beta.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com